My first box pics!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 156
i dont know how to post pics here so i just did onm my horribley done cardomain, just use it to host pics when i need it lol. its not done but check them out this is the worst corner think i should completely redo or is there an easy fix? just do a good caulking job on the inside???
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2348821

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Kaos13

Post Number: 117
just put some caulk or liquid nails on that corner no need to rebuild one. AND WHERES THE PICS OF YOUR SYSTEM lol.

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 170
are you worried about the crack or about it not lining up properly?

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 816
i would liquid nail the hell out of it...also tht will be temp...just build another box...and remember dont drill near the edges

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
liquid nails? can i get it at like home depot or something? and im getting the amp kit today HOPEFULLY if it isnt to much money at the audio shop and finishing up the box tonight, so if i caulk it up nice and no sound can get out ill be okay for a while?

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
liquid nails? can i get it at like home depot or something? and im getting the amp kit today HOPEFULLY if it isnt to much money at the audio shop and finishing up the box tonight, so if i caulk it up nice and no sound can get out ill be okay for a while?

Silver Member

Post Number: 821
lol....yes they see liquid nail at home depot...just wondering did u only screw ur box or did u put sum type of adhesive to glue the wood to gether and the screw it?????
also did u seal the inside..

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 219
seal the inside and the outside good so theres NO leaks even if it looks ugly lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
no i didnt use glue or anhything i just used a nail gun, and yes i caulked the inside

Silver Member

Post Number: 825
if i were u id throw tht box away.....make a new one...b/c if all u have holding it are nails and u didnt glue it..its gunna fall apart.....

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 224
wait, you used nails lol that box is gonna fall apart. ure supposed to use screws...... trow it away or use screws by the nails.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 820
Start over. Build a new box. This time, use liquid nails on all the joints. Use screws, not nails. And pre-drill all the screw-holes. That way it won't crack. Line all the seam on the inside of the box with silicone, or other flexible adhesive so there will be no leaks. And for even more rigidity, cover the entire inside of your box with resin. But I don't think you will need to go that far. You can also add some internal cross bracing if you feel its necassary.

Silver Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 138
just do what i did, get some 3/4 plywood, some 2" nails, ball peen hammer, and some duct tape. this is all you need to build a ghetto@ss box like me. oh yea and some 1/2" bolts and bungie cords and your all set.

Silver Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 139
ill post some pics of it later. not the best looking box ever, but it gets the job done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us