Newbie ? bout ported/sealed

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 738
i know this is a total newbie ? but since i'm still a newbie i gotta ask.

my pair of 12w3 are ported, so they get reasonably loud, but why is it they're alot louder on some songs/cd's then others. what i mean is on some songs the bass is so loud i have to turn the bass on my hu down to hear the vocals, while on other songs/cd's it's like my subs sound like a stock system? i know this aint normal, so could someone explain why this happens?

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 855
you sure you have all ur settings correct? that happens somethimes cause some songs have more bass than others.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 739
yeah all settings are right, took some time with that. just wondering if maybe anybody else had the same experience. like today i was playing a cd and one song was loud as hell, but the next one sounded really low, had to turn the bass on the hu up all the way. same thing happens with diff. cd's, some are loud but then others sound weak and flat, even though the same cd will hit in a friends system.

owner of the car audio store i bought the subs at told me this happens alot when you go ported due to the subs peaking at the freq. the box is tuned at and that sealed is always better cause it plays at the same level no matter the freq.

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 856
yeah it happens sometimes, were you have your subsonic filter set by the way? and your low pass? were these burned cds or regular store bought cds?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 740
lpf is set at 85-90 i believe, cant' remember the sub setting, might go look here in a few. and yeah they're regular cd's i'm playing.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 221
how they are recorded has a lot to do with it probably.

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 591
What is your box tuned to?

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1152
CTMIKE this is the first quesion ive ever seen u ask!!! lol

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 741
box is tuned to 32

and yeah i've asked ?'s before, but just not in a while (in subwoofer section that is).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us