Money is no option

Silver Member
Username: Kenny_hammond

Post Number: 138
i want a system so loud that it will give you a head ache i have a 2002 dodge extended cab the old style what do i do?

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 201
If your just looking for loud on each side put a row of 4 or 5 RE MT's or DD 9900 make sur the boxes are huge and ported correctly, also make sure you power system is adequete. Proboboly need dual 250a alts ran with 0/1 gauge and probobly ten batteries also, this is only if money really isnt an option, cause it wont be cheap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
ok i guess i should have said that i want to keep my seat and all that i just want the loudest setup far as 12's or 10's no bigger

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1116
thats a stupid goal to shoot for.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
what do you meen?

Bronze Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 56
okay if money isnt a option i guess you have money for a camera we want to see pics of your truck and when you get your "loudest system" show us the pics......

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
i dont understand all the critasism i just wanted help with setting up a loud system and i get made fun of

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7437
be 4real money is an option....never say that in a car audio fourm, because there is so much u are willing to pay....

remember some midbass and tweeters can cost 2000-3000, so u have a budget

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 860
saying money no object is the worst thing u can say ever......n then u say that all u want is a 10 or 12 Upload....hmmmmmm.......seem like u got alot 2 learn...dont get me wrong u will learn 1day....but wat is ur goal....u should tell u wat kind of music u like....do want deep bass or punchy.....loudness or a very controled bass tone....wut....tell us sumthin but since money is no object just get this alternator setupUpload
Upload....n fit that in ur dodge ram .....since money is no object

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
ok lets start over i only want to spend 2 grand on the hole thing is that ok i listen to alot of rap and rock country i want goog spl and sq but i want deep bass with good mids and highs all this is new to me and i am realy wanting help i would like to have 2 12's but i want them to face out and under the rear seat would id max be a good sub or would me jl audio w3 be better?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 468
get some morel comps. some mmat amp or some rainbow comps and some addison amps, or go to Elite audio.com and post there. No ill intended. Just they may be abl to point you in the higher end spectrum..

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 344
lol i guess money is an object. my system is worth more than 2 grand. ur proving to be a solid noob, no offense

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 473
Lol. I got about 2k in mine and Im runninnning Optimus and Kenwwod.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7454
"Lol. I got about 2k in mine and Im runninnning Optimus and Kenwwod"

That has to be the funniest thing in the world....lololoolololollolololololololololololololololololololololololololololol olololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol olololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol oloololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololollololololololololololololololololololololololololololol olololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol olololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol ololololololololololololololololololololololol

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8066
a thread always start up with

"Money i$ no object" - then when they finally get an idea of what loud costs they quietly say :

-1{ok - my budget is 2 gs !} - lol

what if we had mention getting some 10Gs Rainbox components speakers - then u will sh!t ur pants !

most of us of this forum already have moderately loud systems that border around 2Gs - u gotta be careful what u say around these guys here .....

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 475
well said[...Rovin...]

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1622
Yea... some of us (don't look at me) spend a TON of money on their systems. I don't even dare to add mine up, I'll probably puke. Money is always of importance, because in car audio, you could literally spend a 1+ million fairly easily...

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3099
nearing 5Gs, and I aint there yet...

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 154
and i hate to be an @$$ but i believe the correct saying "money is no OBJECT" lol

Silver Member
Username: Gangstaplayer

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 125
yeah i was just gona say that 01gpse i think that is funny stuff

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 577
^ i don't get it?

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 213
money is no option is incorrect english, what was meant to be said is money is not object.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 592
oh...?

Bronze Member
Username: Gangstafert

Post Number: 93
or money is not the issue.

Silver Member
Username: Gangstaplayer

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 129
who really cares this kid got his thread jacked

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 262
money is no option? lol. so what are you going to use as payment for your amp and subs?

lol. JK..

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3682
CREDIT CARDS:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-) j/k

Username: John_doe69

Post Number: 8
As said earlier, pics would be nice. Is your truck a Ram 1500/2500 truck? Full rear doors or the half doors with no door handles or is it a two door with a small bench in the back?

I will assume it's a 1500/2500 since you said "old style". This model seems to have 6.5" front speakers and 5" rear speakers.

You'll need to modify the front and rear doors
to accomodate some good 3-way 6x9s. Get a good 600-1000 watt 4-channel amp for the door speakers and mount it under the driver's seat. Get an 800-1000 watt 2-channel amp for the subs and mount it under the passenger seat.

For the subs under the bench you'll probably have to have a body shop cut out the big humps under the left and right seats and fabricate a frame to mount the bench bottom to proper height or mount the bench bottom to the bass box. Leave the raised tunnel that runs under the center of the seat to not interfere with the drive-train.

This sound kind of drastic but would not need visible body work to be done. Cut, weld and Undercoat it. This will allow a bass box to be made to fit under the bench which unfortunately doesn't normally allow boxes of any good size.

A pair of 12"s should fit if the front face of the box is laid back at a 35-45 degree angle (10's are probably sufficient though).

I sketched a diagram of a box that would then work under the bench.

Finally, buy a good head unit that has 4 RCA jacks (power output of the HU isn't a factor here) on the back and wire it to the first amp and then run the signal through that one to the second amp.

Install a high-output alternator and you should be good to go. This should give you plenty of headaches, probably more during the install than after :-) but you'll definitely have a loud enough stereo to hurt your ears.Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
thanks for the info joe but could i ask what brand of stuff do i need to get i dont know anyof this i have 2 12w'3 and i dont want to go threw all the trouble for the 12's so i will probably do the 10's have any advice?

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
i guess no one wants to help

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 354
i guess not. everyone must hate you. or you could wait longer than 53 minutes. my advice, start a new thread with what little you learned in this one, since this one is too long to read now.

Username: John_doe69

Post Number: 9
Which brands you buy depend on your budget and which items sound better to you. Make sure you match your speakers to your amps by the power output rating, ask the store employee which wattage Amp will power the speakers that sound good to you. Just beware that some salesmen will push their favorite brands or those that'll get them a better commission (if they work on commission).

Go pick your speakers (keeping them similar in power rating) and then come back here with your choices and maybe someone here will give you some good feedback as to whether they will go good together and which amps will push them well.

This was posted elsewhere in this forum, I hope it helps:

All Car Audio Brands Rated!!!!!!
I've put this into three sections:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Bad

American HiFi (Rockwood)
American Pro
Audiovox
Boss
DHD
JDL
Jensen
Kenwood (speakers)
Kraco
Kronik
LA Sound
Legacy
Optimus
Planet Audio
Power Acoustik
Pyle
Pyramid
Rockwood
Sherwood
Sony (amplifiers, speakers)
Sound Storm
Sparkomatic
SPL Audio
Thump
Ultimate Sounds
Visonik
Volfenhag
Moderate

Alpine (amplifiers and speakers)
Audiobahn
Blaupunkt
Aiwa
Crunch
Hifonics
Hollywood
Kenwood (amplifiers, head units)
Lanzar
Lightning Audio
MA Audio
Matsui
MTX
Panasonic
Pioneer (amplifiers and speakers)
Precision Power (PPI) (newer amps)
Rockford Fosgate
Sony (HUs)

Recommended
Altec Lansing
Alumapro
Ample Audio
Audio Development
Boston Acoustics
Cerwin Vega
Clarion
Crossfire
Crystal
Digital Designs (DD)
Directed (DEI)
Earthquake
Eaton
Helix
Illusion
Image Dynamics
Infinity
JBL (amplifiers)
JVC Digifine
Kicker
Lunar
MB Quart
Memphis Audio
MMATS
MTX (amplifiers)
Phoenix Gold (some models)
Polk Audio
Rockford Fosgate (some models)
Soundstream
USAcoustics
a/d/s
Adire
Alpine (head units, signal processors)
Arc Audio
Audax
Audio Control
Brax
Butler Audio
CD Technologies (CDT)
Diamond Audio
DynAudio
Eclipse (Fujitsu Ten)
Focal
Harrison Labs
Infinity Kappa
JL Audio
Kove
Luxman
McIntosh Laboratories
Morel
Nakamichi
Orion
OZ Audio
Pioneer Premiere
Precision Power (PPI) (Art & Power series amps, old)
Rainbow
Sinfoni
US Amps
Xtant
Zapco

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7583
the old gbu...havent seen that in a while
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums