RE owned by US amps

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 200
In wisconsin we had a huge car show this past weekend made up of about 1000 cars, in the sound comp area there were about 5 cars with RE subs and they were all kinda talking while I was checking out there setups. They were all talking about how US amps bought out RE this past year and that is why all there loud spl subs are about 1000 or more. Is it true that RE sold out or was it all just b.s cause some of the guys seemed unsure of themselves?

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1360
Yup old news .LOL

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3661
Re was bought by U.S.Amps.....but....U.S.Amps was bought out by some cheap a.s.s Korean company of some sort or of some far-eastern origin.:-)

after the buy out, the new U.S.Amps came out....and my shop went through 7 of them....7 of them before they got some that would stop shutting off.:-)

So we quit carrying them, cuz that is b......s.....:-):-):-) lol

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1363
Oh N.S.! I guess I will be saveing up for some treos then...

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 881
hey Muddy you should get your facts straight. USAmp is owned by a group in California, if you'd like to talk to someone I know the cousin of the owner, Flakko on most forums, and he's already been through this. USAmps are still made in the US except the entry level models which are made in Korea. The Merlin is 80% made in the US and the AX is 100% here in the states. All designs are still thought up by Dirk. Unfortunately while USAmp was going through the change of ownership, they threw out some amps that weren't so good and had problems, while this was fixed later in the batch alot of poeple lost faith in them and decided not to carry them, your lose. USAmp still builds solid amps and the new Xterminator line is hard to beat for the price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3667

quote:

the entry level models which are made in Korea.

That's where i heard that from then. lol
Close enough.....the ones from Korea kept sh1tting the bed.:-):-): lmao!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3668
btw.....it is not my "lose"
my old audioshop isn't open anymore anyway, and i got one of their Old-school amps before the transfer of ownership.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3669
if i had to choose....i would buy one of their AX lines....they look very nice, and until i had problems, i wouldn't be quick to judge.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 882
their AX line is crazy...actually the new xterminator line uses the same buildhouse as the old mark antony amps which have done well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3676
sweet
i will have to check themn out then:-)

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3103
USAMPs is sitll and always been good in my book!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3677
except for the bottom line amps.:-):-):-)lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us