DEI

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 209
I got a Viper 791XV installed on Friday and I want to add on the Window module to automatically roll your windows up and down but I don't want to pay $150 to do this so I am gonna do it myself. Anyone know how to do it and if so how hard is it?

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 211
Sorry to double post guys

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 214
bump

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1568
Unless you have the wiring diagram for YOUR CAR and some kind of knowledge of alarms and such it will be a tricky process.

I have installed several of these modules and its not exactly hard, just time consuming and a pain when the diagram i get from work it wrong.

It may be in your better interest to just shell out the money, also installing it yourself would void the labor warrenty on your install, and if you ever had a problem they can refuse to work on the car since you tampered with it...

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1067
Wuts he tryin to do??

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7424
car alarm

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1105
o

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 219
Thanks for that. I really don't think it is worth all that money just for the 530T. Thanks for the help over here. The security forum is chaos!

Bronze Member
Username: Boobhead

Post Number: 13
window modules? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. those dont make you look cool. sorry to tell you that DREW DREW.

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 220
No, I'm not going for cool. I work at a pool over the summer and keeping my car and what is in it is nice so I keep the windows down but when it starts raining, which it does often here, I have to get someone else to run out and roll up my windows because I can't leave everyone alone in the pool, and it would be nice to do it from my stand. I'm not looking for cool or I would have 4 12" Audiobahn's mounted backward to show off the basket. Just would be a great convience to have that on my Jeep.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 318
i would try doing it yourself just because i could never bring myslef to spend that much just for that. you should be able to figure it out with a little trial and error

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3100
just make sure the alarm can control a external AUX or Auxilary channel! Then get the window control module, and some relays, and wire it up to the AUX channel of the car alarm... Make sure your trigers are correct, and your FINISHED!

press the button, to turn off your car or on, then your windows and sunroof should wind up and down by itself...

Ive hooked up many many car alarms b4.. If u dont know what your doing, then just leave it to the pros... Im never in the Car Alarm Section, cause they ask repeated questions.. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us