Can't get an answer in speaker thread...help!

Bronze Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 85
I have a set of polk 6 1/2 comp. sr6500's. I was going to run these with a kicker kx550.2 amp. I am putting them in a 2000 s-10 extended cab. The factor speakers are 4x6's on the dash, 6 1/2 doors, and 6 1/2 in the rear from factory. I am going for high sq. How would I go about doing this? I am already replacing the door 6.5's with the polks, but should I replace the 4x6's with high end speakers and run them on an amp also? And what should I do with the 6.5's in the rearfill? Please help!!

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 872
i would do a 3way setup and get the right stuff to do it right. But Kicker isn't considered high end.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
How much difference would the kicker amp make. The polks were 900 bucks, so I don't want to waist the money.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1333
i like kicker amps persoanlly. Can't say to much for most of their subs. Try a zapco amp for those fronts. Those are my favorite amps for driving speakers. Make sure you have those polks aimed right or they wopn't sound their best. You could buy a $10,000 pair of speakers but they won't sound great unless they are installed correctly. If you have the money to spend get a zapco amp

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 461
Good call on the Zapco Wahl. I just picked up a AG 200, It is so clean pushing 2 6x9 polk DB:-)

Silver Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 123
"...$10,000 pair of speakers..."

wow omg. i hope thats 10,000 in some other type of currency cuz if your talking about USD. who would pay 10k for just a pair of speakers? thats almost as much as my truck is probably worth...

Silver Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 124
unless your just stating that something worth alot doesnt really mean you get something real great

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
Yeah, I have been looking at zapco. But what should I do about the 4x6's on the dash? Should I just stick with the polks and not run the dash speakers or should I replace them and run an amp to them?

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1570
Theres a set of Rainbow Audio speakers that for for about 5K...i'd buy em if i had the money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us