Clarion DXZ655MP

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 307
What do you all think of this head unit? I've asked for opinions of all my other audio equpiment but not my head unit. What do you think? Whats good about it and whats bad? I'm trying to find out what I should upgrade next.

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 85
Just some quick thoughts:

Good
3 Sets of Preamp outputs
Rear AUX in
Multi-format playback
Clarion makes decent HUs
Display Color Options

Not So Good
18W RMS output
1.8V Preouts
Only 2 EQ Bands
Super ugly in my opinion (no offense)

Overall, this adds up to a decent head unit for someone who's just getting started with aftermarket audio (which is probably when you got it), but the low preout voltage and limited sound adjustment options definitely leave room for improvement. Depending on the rest of your setup you could notice some immediate improvement by bumping up to a new HU but I haven't seen your other posts to see what other equipment you're running. The short version: There are definitely better HUs to be had and if you're looking to upgrade it may be time to think about a new HU in order to get the most out of your setup, especially if you'll be putting in new speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3054
Yeah, the low to mid class Clarion's are fairly lacking in features that most comparable head units possess. I don't think it has a HPF, which would help your front sound stage quite a bit. I would suggest a Pioneer or one of Clarion's higher grade units.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us