When you cut...?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 458
when getting you box cut the exact dementions you want, do you cut the wood yoru self or do you guys get it cut at the store you get it at?

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 462
and in my new box im building im putting mirrors in it, what type of glue should i use to reduce the vibrations on the mirrors? my parents said tar, is there anything else that i could use that would be better?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2302
if you have the right tools or skills to use the wrong ones, then its easy to cut it yourself. if now, get the store to cut them. i would reccomend wathing their measurements because i've read a couple people's comments on how stores have screwed up the cuts and then wouldn't take the cut wood back.

i'd use something that will have a lil flex to it even once dried for mirrors inside the box. like tar os silicon. to keep the mirrors from being under any kind of pressure from the wood flexing. never actually put mirrors in a box, so really don't know.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 470
ok, would the silicon stick like the tar would? im pretty sure it would have more give than it, which one would be better? or sohuld i use like culking?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 446
Most stores do not cut exact sizes. Even if they tried their saws are often out of calabration, due to ppl wacking them with lumber carts all day, everyday. Have em rought cut it for you. If you need 24" have em cut it at 25" and make the finish cuts your self with a skil saw. Make this jig for straight cuts.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 448
Also Clear silocone would work best for the mirror. Just put quarter size daps every 6" or so. make em a little high and them put miiror down, but dont press on it. you want it to rest on the blobs of silocone to isolate it from vibes.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1560
Why are you putting mirrors inside of a box?

Are you building a bandpass or something with a plexi side of some sort?

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 472
yea im having 1 big windo ontip so you can see into it i have pics i just need to get them all together and fin the box :-) you guys will be VERY impressed:-)

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 185
How about rubber cement. It gives a little and it sticks better than silicon. Ive never tried it but it could work out real nice.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 473
how many should i buy of the rubber sement?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us