Easiest way to know if your ground is ok

Silver Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 195
What's the easiest way to check if all your ground in your car is properly attached? (not necessary related to cars).

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 440
Digital muti meter set to read ohms. the lower the number the less resistance the better the ground.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 975
Good work Marc

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 442
Ya, you know I help when I can

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 860
just out of curiousity - what to spots would you probe? Specifically - what resistance would you be measuring?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3088
there wouldnt be any resistance to measure if he is measureing ground.. lol

I would measure for a voltage across positive and negative.. then measure drops using your specified ground area or a diffrent ground area...

and you never want to be measureing ohms of ANY power supply either! lil fuse inside the meter will go POP!

Marc is correct, if he is measuring a spool of wire, or a isolated circuit without a pwr supply.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 459
to check ground paths, Probe Bat - to alt case. bat - to chassis, alt case to chassis. Amp - to chassis. - amp wire to chassis. You want a low reading on these as possible 0.00 is perfect. If you get readings over 1.5, redo the connection. Aslo engine block to chassis. Mine was at 4.6. The strap was intact. I gust ran another piece of 4 awg piggybacked on the same mountings. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us