OT: Rubicon

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 950
Thanks to James Longo, I have decided to include some pics from previous wheelin trips.

Enjoy:
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5917
those are some sick sick rig's mix:-) I missed having my jeep on the trail man the dodge is nice but you can't beat a jeep off road:-)

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 954
I dont own any of them. My old roommate in the "Outlaw" shirt is into trails big time. He let me drive his blue Yota. There is a pic of me in the drivers seat as we were heading out of the trail after a long weekend.

The jeepers are kool, but the Yotas have alot of advantages over them. The sickest of all are the rollcage ones. They drive em on trailers to the mouth of the trail. They arent street legal.

I had a blast out there. The Rubicon is rated a 10 on a scale of 1-10 of trails among the top in the world. I met people from Europe there, and all over.

The pictures do not do justice to how exactly it is in reality. I only went 1 time. Its too expensive of a hobby for me.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5921
I hear ya man I know all about the rubicon it is narly:-) I blew out my driver side steering stabylizer on a rock which blew my power steering pump at the same time so I know all about the $$$$ part of it:-( It sucks from that aspect but it is soo much fun when you are doing it. It's totally a catch 22 and beer's don't help the situation one bit.

Silver Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 186
those are cool pics i wish theyre were trails like that were i live. it looks hella cool

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 955
Ya, I dont drink anymore, but when I went, I had quite a few beers.

The wheelers are not posers and are actually a loving family. You go out there with a lot of preparation, extra parts and stuff, but because it is such a difficult trail you end up breaking a lot of parts. For Yotas its the infamous "Burfield" joints. People make welders out of extra starters and have all types of on-the-spot ingenuity. When you break somethin, usually there are all types of help arround. You may not get the exact part, but you will not be left behind, if you know what I mean. Chances of being helped out on the trail comparaed to the yearly corvette rally is hands down more loving at the rubicon compared to the Vettsters.

Yes, the fun you have at these trips makes regular camping old fashioned kinda like analog Vs digital.

I used to go quad riding when I lived in so-cal. That was also a blast. Sad to say, the love on the trail is much better than sand mountain or glammis.

Bronze Member
Username: Econoline1

Post Number: 14
WRONG FORUM

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos13

Post Number: 84
Great pics i love going off rodin i preffer mud lol

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 969
Jimmy,

OT: in the subject line means off topic. It is advertized that way so that you wont get confused or disappointed.

I see that you have posted the same post to another thread that was OT. Sorry to say, but negativity destroys, but it does not build.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us