Building a ported box

Bronze Member
Username: Sweet_subs

Memphis, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 22
im getting a alpine type r and i was wondering what the best type of box for it will be. and i was wondering what kind of wood to use becasue i have some 3/8 ince particle board in my barn. if that would be ok to use. and i need to know the hole size to cut out and how to build the box the way it will sound good. i want a ported box and i was wondering if i could put a port under the sub. becasue i want it to be ported. it make it sound louder in my truck. or if i could even build a box that would fit under the back seat of my 1997 gmc seirra ext cab.on 1 side there is like a 6inch space betweek the floor and the seat.??? any help apreacited

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5905
don't use particle board for starters, next I can't reccomend a cutout size untill I know the size of the sub you will be using, next go to www.bcae1.com and read up on enclosure's you will learn a lot of useful info there.

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 644
USE 3/4 MDF WOOD..ALSO SEAL THE BOX WITH LIQUID NAIL OR CAULK...ALSO READ THAT WEBSITE...ANOTHER THING DOWNLOAD winISD FROM THE INTERNET TO CALCULATET PORT LENGHT...

Bronze Member
Username: Sweet_subs

Memphis, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 26
yea im gunna get the 12" typr r. i would still ahve to use liduid nail or cault even if im not running a sealed box? well alright now i know how to make it right and not end up with a crappy box that dont sound good

Bronze Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 69
If u use caulk to seal it make sure u use some wood glue to bond each joint.

Silver Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 187
Maybe also try using acclelerator pedal. It is a ported box calculator.
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us