Same chamber or different

Bronze Member
Username: Illwill577

Post Number: 73
trying customize my own box for my 2 15" l7s to get it to hit lower and louder should i make them in the same chamber with a big port. it would save me alot of space in my trunk and i can get more cu ft per sub if i do it that way. are there any cons about putting them both in same chamber besides if one blows the other may.

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 380
true if 1 blows the other will after a while an if u dont have the space put 2 in the same box but if u got the room try puttin them in there own chamber i had 2 put my 2 10s in the same chamber cause space but they still pound but i belive i can get them way louder but anit got no room iam thinkin of puttin 2 15s in my car in the same box 8cuft box lolUpload

Bronze Member
Username: Peterstv

Gainesville, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 13
when 2 subs share the same chamber, they fight each other. One will go to pound and wont let the other one move and vice-versa.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
yea i want them in their own seperate chamber but if i do that i have the decrease the width and that means my port size is gonna have to be smaller. smaller port more port noise. so im kinda stuck if i knew someone who made boxes with the port is like on the side of the box or back that would be fine because the port area can be bigger. everyone puts the port on the front of the box. my limitations is 40" with and 18" high. ive tried klausaudio.com but they really dont do too too custom work.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
i need a box similar to this
Upload
but for 2 kicker 15"s if i have the port that way or on the back of the box. i wont have to increase width just depth which is completly fine. im want the subs 3cuft + per sub with the right amount of port area

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 799
That would only happen if they were out of phase, or your polarities are reversed on one of the subs. If you have two or more subs sharing a chamber, as long as they are in phase with each other, they won't "fight" each other. Look at SPL vehicles. They use huge shared ported enclosures. If the subs fought each other, they would lose SPL, thus they would use individual chambers that are individually ported. But they don't.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
so 2 of the same kind of subs and powered by the same power will be fine in a common chamber. of course it will be better in different chambers but will this sound ok for SPL purposes.. in same chamber that is.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
hey for 2 15" L7S do u think this will be fine.

Divided Chambers: No - all subwoofers will run in the same airspace
Port Type: Slot Port
Port Tuning: 37 Hz
Port Dimensions: 16.125 x 5.25 inches (Height x Width)

(port length is not displayed)
Port area: 84.66 square inches
Number of Ports: 1
Net Internal Volume: 7 cubic feet
Port Volume: 0.68 cubic feet (includes displacement of port materials)
Total Internal Volume: 7.68 cubic feet ($11.24 extra)
Number of Terminal Cups: 1 per subwoofer
Front Baffle: Single-Layer Front Baffle - 3/4" Thick
Box Dimensions: ** Please ensure that this will fit in your vehicle before completing your order **
39" (w) x 24" (d) x 17.625" (h)

i had to go with one chamber short on space i am limited to 39" width and 18" height.... i havent told them to start making this box yet. does anyone have anything i can do to make it louder. im thinking i should make each sub have 4cuft right now its set to 3.5 but then i would have to increase the port size which will make width bigger. anyone plz .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
bump

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1174
id go with 1 chabmer each.

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 272
hey S.P.D how many Cu ft is that box i have an 85 camaro just like yours and im putting 2 CVRs in there but i dunno if the box will be big enough for the CVRs wat you think?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
yeah alot of people say one chamber. if it is because of the subs being blown im not worried about that but will that box info i posted above will it sound ok and get loud. spl wise

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 209
Thing with that is those subs move a lot of air, and the more space the better. 3.5 cubes per sub won't give what 7 cubes for both will...

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 210
^^^^ Just a tad late...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
so in ur opinion it is better that way.

Silver Member

Ny