Arsenal subs

Bronze Member
Username: Gangstafert

Post Number: 52
Anyone have arsenal subs, i would like to hear what settup your using and and how it sounds and all that good stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 237
i have 2 12"s in a dual chamber 2.8 cu. ft box. powered right now by a kicker kx1200.1. They are slightly louder then my old re's but they aren't as loud as i hoped. I will soon be upgrading my amp to the orion 2500 and ill let you know how that goes. They sound very good sq wise i just want more spl.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 245
i got a 15" arsenal powered by a sony gtx2200 in a 4 cu ft box tuned to 27 hz and it is awesome. louder than my friends 2 12" cvr's and louder than this other kid's FOUR 12" rockford p2's. gets really low and loud, but the high end bass isn't as loud as other subs though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
sweet im going to be getting two twelves very soon and i want them to be loud.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Matthew are your 12's loud, im a newb at this and so are all my friends so they will probably be louder then the petty systems that ive heard thats really what i would like to know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
2 12's will definately be louder than any thing your friends have got. what have you heard in the past that i can compare them too?

also, make sure you have the electrical system to support them. you need a HO alt and prob a new battery. if you can't get that stuff go with 1 15" with an 800w rms amp and it will still be louder than anything your friends get/have.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
my friends has 4 pioneer 12's dont know the model but they were the 1000watt max model and he had a 3200watt logitech mono amp thats the loudest ive heardout of all my friends.

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
lol, he will be very embarrassed at the fact that you have 2 12" subs and he has four and you will waste his a ss, lol. i didn't even know logitech made car amps. those pioneers have a very slim possibility of beating your arsenals on notes above like 60-70 hz, but just challenge him with a song like grillz, by nelly, or late night tip, by 36 mafia.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
thats what i wanted to hear i cant wait to get them. You wouldnt by chance have an amp for sale that i can power these with, would you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
what's your budget? if you're looking for a budget amp get either 2 audiobahn a8000t's for like 300.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audiobahn-A8000T-Intake-Mono-Block-1600W-Chrome-Amp-NEW_W0QQ itemZ9733857409QQihZ008QQcategoryZ64571QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or you can get a hifonics amp which will put out closer to its rms power rating at like 750 rms per sub

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BXi1606D-Class-D-Mono-Amplifier-Amp-BXi-1606D_W0QQi temZ9733482748QQihZ008QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i'd get the hifoincs so you don't have to hook up two amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
that is the exact amp i was looking at erlier and wire them to 1ohm?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
the hifonics that is and do you have box suggestions sealed or ported i some other people they just either way.

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
yes they are dvc 4ohm subs so wire them to 1 ohm

if you can fit put them each in a ported box built to the manufactueurs suggested enclosure

i think for a twelve it's 2.0 cu ft tuned to 35hz for each sub

you could tune it lower if you want but definately don't tune it any higher. try to build your own box or if you can afford it have tcab build you a box, ~$260

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
my friend builds boxes you said 2 seperate ported boxes. I am going to get him to do it and then watch him so in the future i will know how.

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
no you can do them both in the same box with two separate chambers. i just tried to put that because some idiots don't make two seperate chambers and wonder why it sounds bad. you can do two seperate boxes if you want it doesn't really matter.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Bretzy1990

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 69
hey matthew lee is ur box sealed or ported for your arsenals?

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 357
i have 1-15 ported 3.75 cubes at 35 hz...

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
how does that tuning sound?

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 359
LOUD lol yeah i have yet to bottom it out it get low and just RUMBLES shi.t first sub ive ever heard just all out rumble on some notes(in a good way) it moves shi.t in my ouse, when its in the car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us