Blown W6?

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 198
I recently let my boy put my w6's in his car on his rockford T10001bd and when he left everything was fine, now he calls and says the right one isnt playing and when he pushes on it, it wont move....What exactly would cause that?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3070
clipping will cause that... what type of wires he has and ho alternator? also suspect the box...

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
nah no HO alternator, hess using about 10 guage wires. Is clipping when the gain is up to high?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 406
clipping is when the amp can't suply enuff power so it pulls like in lamance terms blank power or something, and sends a clipped or distorted signal to the woofers which will harm them in the long term

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
ok what do you guys think... take it back and charge for the broke sub, only one sub is broke but i called JL and they said they would rebuild it for 190 each, (no use in have a new and a old sub). they were a lil over 2 years old with some wear and tear. Or i should i just go ahead and charge the guy the 300 his was gonna give me and let him deal with it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
Any suggestions guys, i really dont know what to do?

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 131
lol hes using 10 gauge thats onem of the problems with that small of a power wire ts not getting enough current.

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 150
if hes pushing on it and the cones not moving that means the woofer is seized and is probably blown id get it checked out to make sure.Well lets say this if it dosnt work on more then one amp its fucked. Test it on your amp then test it on soomeone elses if it still dont work its done

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1102
When Woofers seize up, it's normally because the voice coils literally melted. :-/

What you can try, is hooking the pos and neg up to a 9volt battery, and see if the subwoofer moves.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3075
10ga wire???????????? LOL thats speaker wire... :-)
I blew a amp with 10ga wire b4.. a 500d

its his fault, just sell it to him cause it was workin b4, he will have to get it fixed...

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us