Help me choose (under $300): Eclipse CD3000 / Pioneer 680MP / Alpine 9856 / etc.

Username: Nosyt

Post Number: 1
I'm in a situation where I NEED a new head unit for my infinity kappa perfect components right NOW, and i'm on a $300 or less budget.

The quickest way for me is to pick up a current model at one of the popular electronics stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, Frys) and have it installed within a couple of days.

They don't carry many decent HU's so I have a very limited choice to work with. Right now i'm leaning towards the Eclipse CD3000 (www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=cd3000&i=099CD3000) at Circuit City for $250 or so with free installation but i'm not sure that it has have enough EQ adjustments to properly tweak my components, should I be worried? They also carry the CD4000 but from what I can tell, the only difference is cosmetic and a remote.

My other choice is the Pioneer Premier P680MP (www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15720) from this independent stereo shop for around $250 (I know, high price but I need a HU asap) and install it elsewhere as well as pay an installation fee on top of it.

My third choice is picking up an Alpine 9856 (www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=alpine+9856&i=500C DA9856) from Best Buy for $199 with free installation. This is what i'd really like to go with, but what I want to know is, [B]will the 2v preamp be decent enough for my components and amp?[/B] The 5v on the eclipse is very attractive but it seems to lack features and tweakability, yet the alpine seems to be the other way around.

Those are my top picks, but I don't know much. Feel free to look around the Best Buy or Circuit City website and let me know if something else fits my needs. Thank you everyone in advance, love reading this forum but i've been browsing for the past 2 days and need answers soon!

Silver Member
Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 104
get this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-DEH-P860MP-AM-FM-CD-MP3-PLAYER-DEHP860MPB_W0QQitemZ9 732568133QQcategoryZ39752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wanna know why?

okay..

the alpine radios have gone down hill since the new design came out.. their current line up is crap.. 600 bux and no bass engine plus?

no eq settings except bass and treble

i would smash my alpine but its one of the rare high rms internal amps

that eclipse sucks too.. for one it looks horrible and very complicated.. you would probaby have to take a month to learn basic functions without pushing the wrong button

ugly and a driving hazard!

the one i gave the link to has 13 band eq

you can use that to make it sound like a thousand bux

plus it has a bunch of other features

and im very dissapointed in alpines features

at first it was simple and nice.. now its kindergarden kustom

Post Number: 2
Isn't that really an 8600MP? In any case, buying a HU online would take longer than I need, and I'm looking for one that's in stock at an electronics store or local shop due to time constraints. I've narrowed down my choices between the Eclipse CD3000 and the Premier 680MP unless there are other suggestions? I need to know if the Eclipse HU has enough EQ adjustments and such to really bring out the sound in my component speakers. Thanks again!

Silver Member

Illinois

Post Number: 105
man.. if you cant wait a day!

get a portable cd player and plug the headphone jack into the rca on the amp

go kick some @ss in a sq contest like that

Post Number: 3
You're right, I just picked up the Pioneer 860MP on Ebay for $331 with overnight shipping. Thanks for the advice!

Silver Member

Illinois

Post Number: 108
6.5v preouts vs DEH-P980BT

im almost jealous!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us