Help wiring please!!!

Username: Rykie

Post Number: 1
Hey guys i just got my car stolen 3 weeks ago and lost my whole sony system i got about 2 years ago. I just got my car back and so now i went full all out alpine at my local car audio place. I bought two alpine type r's two alpine mono m450 amps, and a capacitor and the rest of the basics. Ive hooked up compenenets before and the rest but ive NEVER hooked up a 4 ohm sub to an amp and IVE NEVER hooked up a car battery to a capacitor. first off ill state it like this on what i need to know from you guys!

1: When i run a 4 gauge + wire from the battery i would normally connect it to a D-block and then run wires to my seperate amps and so on but now that i have a capacitor im a little lost. My capacitor has 2 plugs one is already hooked up to my chassis ground and now im stuck with one plug not knowing what to put. Do i just hook up the amps and the +battery wire into the same + plug on the capacitor by twisting them together so they can connect both into the positve? Also i just realized this kit i bought included 2, i repeat 2 D-blocks and now im even more confused, If i use one D-block to split the wire to my amps whats the other D-block for? do i use it to connect the + wire from my bat and my + wire from my amps to it? sorry its a litte long please bare with me =(

second thing: How do i hook up a 4 ohm woofer? ive seen diagrams on the internet but im a little lost, theres 2 ways ive seen them connectted one on crutchfield and one on rockfordFosgate thats totally different. One of them shows using the positive ohm from one side of the sub and then using the negative ohm from the sub plugging into the amp, leaving 2 ohms empty. the other ive seen was the same except this time the 2 empty ohms were running a wire across from each other making it look like a parrelel connection. ill make pictures real quick and show you guys which one is best.

http://myspace-330.vo.llnwd.net/00787/03/32/787212330_l.jpg

sorry i know its bad but i just need to know which one is better a, b, or c not here for criticism im just really bummed and want to get this stuff done with =)

Bronze Member
Username: Dmonic

Post Number: 31
wow we have EVERYTHING in common except you probably know more than me. i have the same problems too bro and i did look at the crutchfield site and this book i just got and it has those bottom 2 wirings but never seen the top wiring done before. i also have trouble wiring my capacitor too im thinking of just splicing my amp wire to my battery wire and then merging them into my cap.

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 52
First be sure to charge the capacitor with the chargin wire, It should of came with instructions. The extra dist block is to connect your capacitor to the amp. just match the + on the cap to the + on the amp and the - on the cap to the - on the amp. Dont twist the wires together and then connect it, use the extra dist block.
As for connecting a 4ohm sub. The two pictures you are refering to are probably series and parallel wiring. Is the woofer a svc or dvc? Here is a link that should help out with wiring the sub. http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-epGmSUPWBOR/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html

Post Number: 3
yea ive chcecked that web site im just a little confused which way to wire them because theres so many different ones to use. any ideas on which one is best from the examples? the one at crutchied for 4 ohms i drew out in my picture but as u can see the pic in crutch is from rockford fosgate, at the rockford fodgate website that example isnt even shown so im a little confused. also about that d-block going from bat + to cap and then to my amps, isnt there a chance that the wires from the amps skip the cap and drain energy straight from the battery? what im trying to figure out is, if the wires are both connecting to the same spot (cap + plug) how do i know its pulling evergy from the cap first instead of the battery?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 423
As long as the cap and amps are connected to the + terminal with the cap as close to the amp as possible it will work. I use my caps as D-blocks.

Post Number: 4
you mean as long as the bat + wire and the amps + wire are connect to a d-block that connects to my capacitor it will be fine?

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 425
This help?

Upload

Post Number: 5
yes it does! thats kinda wierd but whatever if thats how everyone did it then thats how i will. im just really confused on how it works, im not new to car audio but this capacitor stuff is realyl bugging me out, like when u look at it what if the amps draw energy from the battery first instead of going go the cap? also so ur using 2 D-blocks, one for the 2 amps to channel into one wire and another d-block to connect the battery positive wire with the amp positive wire to connect to the capacitors positive plug

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 430
Or this?

Upload

Post Number: 6
what about my question lol

Post Number: 7
bump