Sub problem????????? help!!

Username: Iravemp

Post Number: 3
I built a real nice box for my two ID 12" v3 d2. 1.25ft3. I made it to be near my back seat in my trunk (wanted trunk space), but when I play the sub, it sound like shiet major.. so I moved then to near the brake light/ trunk lid and it sound 100x better. Im running a jbl 1200.1 in 2 ohms. My rear deck is cut to let the sound flow in the car better. any suggetion to get them sounding better near the seat.. I was thinking if I made a wall in front of the aprox 4inches in front of the speaker, enclosing them from the rest of the trunk????????

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 194
no dont make a wall....if your subs arent hitting that hard..try sealing up the rear deck..only some subs like solobarics need that much air!!!!

Post Number: 6
with the rear deck sealed you cant the sub at all.. it was similair with my friends diamate we removed part of the rear deck and his sub sounded awesome.

Post Number: 7
thats cant hear the subs at all.. I was thinking, as a wall in front of the speaker emulating a hatchback. the wall would go couple in front of the speaker enclosing them into the cab of the car?

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 195
if you do that...point the speakers up so they can fire through the hole....aka PORT
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us