Help plz, i cant hear the music...

Bronze Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 100
i cant hear the music loud when i turn up the volume on my HU. I have the bass all the way to -7 (thats as low as it can get on my HU) and i got treble as high as possible (+7) and when i turn it up all i get is more bass from the subs. the only way i can hear my music is at lower volumes where the subs arnt hitting really hard. i got stock 6x9 and 5 1/4 and dont have any tweeters. what do you suggest i do? I like the amount of bass from my system, i just wish i could get my music to get loud also.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 351
turn the gain down on the subs, and get an amp for your speekers

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 791
well i assume you have aftermarket subs. I would recommend upgrading your speakers from stock. depending on your budget, you could just replace the speakers with somethin from circuit city/best buy for like 150 bucks. Or get and amp and a nice component set and have it professionally installed for around 400-800 dollars. Give us a budget to work with.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 289
yeah upgrade your front speakers first thing and put an amp on them as soon as you can and it will sound a million times better

Silver Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 101
are the kicker ks series speakers any good? i can get a pair of 6x9 and 5.25 for like ~$150 brand new. good deal? would a kx200.4 4ch amp be good enough for em? (~$130) so my total comes out to about a lil under $300. My local dealer is having a kicker sale so thats why im listing only kicker products incase your wondering... and yea i got aftermarket subs nick... and yep, you guessed it, their K-I-C-K-E-R-S (lol) CVX and they sound great!

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1176
I have the bass all the way to -7 (thats as low as it can get on my HU) and i got treble as high as possible (+7) and when i turn it up all i get is more bass from the subs

Am I the only one to catch this? -7 is all the way down FOOL, LOL. Turn it up to 0 then increase to the +1, +2 deal, lol. Treble may be a bit high dependant weather or not you are Mexicano or not, LMFAO... Polo. :-O

Silver Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 102
turn it up to 0? umm i think you miss understood what im saying, or im misunderstanding your statement, but if i do what your telling me the bass will just keep on hitting harder and i wont be able to hear the music again. all i hear when bass is up is (bo0m)lyrics(b0om)lyrics lyrics (boOm)lyrics(bo0m)(bO0m) and so on. i cant even hear the music anymore, i just hear and feel the bass and then once in awhile ill hear some words but NO MUSIC whatsoever... :-(

what i did was turn the gain all the way down, bass all the way down (yes -7) and then turn the volume up higher and now i can finally hear the music again! :-) the bass isnt as car shaking and rumbling anymore but atleast i can hear the music again. i guess ill save up for some component speakers and amp so i can thump my subs again and still hear the music. thanks for all the input guys.

oh btw, are the kicker speakers i mentioned above any good? im not looking to have a killer system, just something i can enjoy listening to, so thats why im not gonna go all out and get some +$500 speaker setup. if i was going all out, i wouldnt have gone with 2 10" subs in the first place. maybe later when i get a better paying job ill get a good system that vibrates houses as i drive by or something. :-) I wanna save to buy some 24's for my truck first so ill just have to keep the thumping down to a minimum if i wanna hear the music again or until i get me some new speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us