ICE PROBLEM

Username: Raver34

Guildford, Surrey England

Post Number: 1
right hope someone can help me here with this 3 part question.first of all i own a fiesta st and have had installed a kenwood head unit a 10 inch sub in a box in the boot and a 300 watt amp powering it.
now the first problem i have is on my amp i have two settings 50hz and 120hz what do i set this too?
now my second problem is on my head unit i have a high pass frequency which has 3 settings(100hz,125hz,170hz)which one do i set it too?
i also have a low pass frequency(sub) which has two settings 120hz 80hz)which one do i set it too?hope someone can help as it is confusing me and want to achieve the best sound thanks lee

Post Number: 2
one thing i forgot on the low pass frequency and hig pass frequency there is also a settin on them just called THRU

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2277
well, the high pass settings on your HU are for the speakers. you want them around 80-125Hz. the low pass settings are for the sub and you want them set around 60-100Hz. thru means it will not filter the signal from the HU, so you'll have to use the filters on the amps or you will get too large a frequency range to the speakers.

what kind of filters are the 50Hz and 120Hz settings on the amp?? high or low pass??

set the high pass to 100Hz and the low pass to 80Hz. thats what i'd do but you gotta make sure the amp settings won't interfere with the HU settings it you can get weird results.

Post Number: 3
hi mate sorry i made a bit of a mistake the switc on my amp is either 80hz or 120hz so which do i set too and also you say set my low pass frequency on the head unit to 60-100hz but my settings are eithe 120hz or 80 hz ,stilll a bit confused please help

Username: Iravemp

Post Number: 2
set your amp on lpf 120hz and high pass at 125hz

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1086
I say set the LPF at 80hz for subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help