Adjustable voltage?

Bronze Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 42
I recently bought a Stinger voltage meter and it has a knob to adjust the voltage. Is that so you set it at the voltage you want it to be at or are suppose to get a real meter and measure your real voltage and adjust it accordingly? Here is the link to the one i have. Thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-Digital-Blue-Voltage-Meter-Amp-Amplifier-SVMB_W0QQit emZ9733742915QQcategoryZ50551QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
NE ONE?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3056
prob just adjusts the decimal placement.... thats all.. :-)

if u had a dmm, not digital, u will want to place it on a higher voltage scale, to what you think you are about to measure...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
i see what your saying but you can actualy change the voltage with that knob. At its lowest setting it will show like 13.0v at idle on parking and its highest setting will show 14.9v at idle in parking.Oh well thanks for your response anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 413
Put a DMM on it get the Real voltage and set the new meter to it for real voltage readings. You follow? If the real reading with a voltmeter is 13.8, set the new meater at that.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3064
i cant see how that thing will change the alternators voltage, unless it a external voltage regulator, made for your specific alternator!!!

its just playing games with the displayed numbers, it sounds like!!

like Marc stated, purchase a DMM and read the correct voltage, set that 1 in the side to match!

and that thing, cant be accurate at all, if u make it change voltage! :-)

Question what is this thing connected too?? Does it tie directly to the alternator??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
nope, battery and remote turn on from the hu.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 20
Are you sure the knob isn't a dimmer for the display

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
no it changes the displayed voltage and i am going to buy a volt meter and adjust it accordingly. thanks everyone for your help. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 422
I worked on digital T-Stats that had cheat functions in em. I could set the temp reading on the display 2 degrees higher or lower. In the winter I set em to 70, Actual is 68. In the summer I set em to 66, actual temp 68. ppl would read the display and stop complaining, plus I saved a lot on heating and cooling for the company. Your display is like that. Crank it up to the max to impress your friends with the 14.4 constant voltage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us