What Size Fuse?

Bronze Member
Username: Brycew7

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 35
I have a 40 amp fuse in my fuse holder that will run between my battery and my alpine mono amp. Is this too big or too small?

Bronze Member

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 36
anyone know if this is fine?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 326
well dude, what watts are you going to run... a 40a fuse tells us nothing

Bronze Member

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 37
450-500 watts RMS to a 10" W7

Bronze Member

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 38
neone?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 782
Match the fuse with the fuse on the amplifier. 40 sounds about right for that much wattage. but if the amp can draw more power then you fuse the wire for the fuse will blow. The fuse on the wire is to protect the wire, it ensures the wire will not exceed its capability to handle current.

Bronze Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 99
too small... the power wire is 4 gauge, fuse should be like 100 amps...

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 787
how do you know the power wire is 4 guage, it could be 8 guage. And there is no need to fuse the power wire with a fuse larger then the one on the amp any ways. If you have multiple runs of power wire, you fuse the line for the max ampere you want it to draw(because melting a power wire and having it ground off to the nearest piece of frame would suck)

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 788
how do you know the power wire is 4 guage, it could be 8 guage. And there is no need to fuse the power wire with a fuse larger then the one on the amp any ways. If you have multiple runs of power wire, you fuse the line for the max ampere you want it to draw(because melting a power wire and having it ground off to the nearest piece of frame would suck)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us