Building my own sub

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 884
It may sound really stupid, but i am trying to do it. I have got all the parts to make 2 subs except the magnets. The vc, cone, basket, tinsel lead, and spider. I am making a 10" and 12". DVC 4 ohm with a 2.5" vc on each sub. All i need is the magnet. I thought if this turns out good, i could order bigger qauntities. and sell them every now and then. Also i wanted to try a 3inch coil sub with 3 inch excursion. If you can help me get some magnets, that would be nice. I was looking off ebay for a broken sub with a 2.5inch vc.i can get it off. If it sounds good, iw ill try to sell a couple on here. Tell me if you have any ideas about magnets.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 872
WTF! Hey were did u buy that stuff at?? So u can make ur sub as powerful as u want?? TIGHT!

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 885
BTW im looking for stacked magnets around 150 ounces. What really sucks is that rockford fosgate i hit with a sledgehammer and broke the magnet had a 2.5" vc so i could have used it.lol. if oyu have any 2.5 subs i could use them. MAke an offer only if they are blown.Upload
Upload
Upload
that black spider is REALLY stiff. I can change the resonant frequincy on the subs by using different spiders.

Bronze Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 99
thats cool im not gonna lie, you never know it could turn out great

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 887
Thanks man. Tell me what you guys think.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 888
BumP.

Bronze Member
Username: Brycew7

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 34
That's wicked man, i like the idea of building your own subs , kind of a science experiment. Hope all goes well, and tell me how they sound when your done.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3999
nice alex. can't wait til you finish it so i can hear your review on it.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 889
I think i may have found a way to get magnets. I tried eminence but i had to order 50, and i would think that would cost a lot. I am going to use a 120 ounce if i can get it. I also asked about bigger soft parts, but havn't got an answer yet.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1825
along time ago mike from shocker audio was selling magnets, i think 120ounce neo magnet, but this was about 2-3years ago so i don't know if he stills does it, just google "shocker audio neo-sig" and im sure something will come up about it.

Bronze Member
Username: Im_the_loudest

Post Number: 22
sounds like the next Sony.....

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 890
the parts i got now are way better than sony.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 891
I couldn't find anything on the shocker motor. I got their number so i might call them tomarrow.

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 210
Try here, but it sounds like it would be a bit expensive though.
http://www.magnetsales.com/Custom/Custom1.htm

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 892
Yeah i have seen quite a bit of magnet factories. Thanks for the link though. My dad can make a simple motor, like a bottom plate anda pole peice. He is a machinest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us