Alpine type x

Username: Sweet_subs

Memphis, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 1
im looking at selling tha subs that i have now with are teo 12 inch duals in an illuminite box that are 1100w and just getting 1 alpine type x what do u think of the type x and what do u think about the duals?

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 78
duals suck... nothing to em... they are horrible... type x's on the other hand ... they sound really good and clean.. i liked what i heard of them.. i heard 2 12's and it was hellacious loud... its a good sub

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 586
seth lowe would disagree other wise...he's got 6 duals and a w3 in his car and he hit 150db with only 1200watt pg and 2 600 watt pg....and as for the type x they are very expensive u could buy two good subs instead one expensive sub

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 142
type X blows the w3 bit time! they are not expensive compared to the W7 they are half price $250 on onlinecarstereo.com thats not too expensive. I got one type X on a kicker2500.1 its handling more then half on gain it sounds unbelievable iam getin another one

Silver Member

Post Number: 587
i meant w7

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
type x would blow w7 as well the w7 cant take 1500watts rms like the type X can and thats a 13w7 is only 1000 rms and the 10typeX can handle 1500rms+ and u still can tell me w7 is better? no way type X sound loud and clean

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1549
^^^ *cough* newbie *cough*

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
no way a w7 will beat a type X just cause it says JL dont mean its the best has anyone even heard them side by side?

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 162
Yeah both have there pros and cons man but first off Pelon was right about the newbie no offense. But having a higher RMS and peak doesnt mean jack Ive learned from experince I always wanted to be louder than anyone around so I got a 2500d orion and h2 sub so im pushing about 2000rms and around 4000peak. Theres a guy in my town with two treos, i dont know the models off hand but hes only pushing about 500rms and he blows me out of the water. Long story short just cause the sub can handle more rms really doesnt mean anything.
On the other hand yes the Alpine is more price efficient but agian at that price theres alot of good subs out there you could buy. I'd recomend looking around a little more before you just buy the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 334
yea a type x is in no way comparable to the w7. IF YOU DID SOME research before you posed you'd know that. JL makes some of the best stuff in car audio. alpines subs are just medioker, people agree with me when i say the alpine subs just aren't up to par with the rest of their stuff. a 10w7 would kill a 10 alpine type x with out a problem. even if the type X was getting full power (1500RMS) or what ever and the JL was only getting (1000RMS) the JL's are built to get LOUD AND CLEAR! if you dissagree with everyone one this forum about this, do some research and get your facts strate before you try pullin this again, you a noob and don't know that much smart one

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
i know the rms isnt everything an alpine r is way louder then an X but X also sounds alot cleaner and i already got the X it does sound really clean so clean that it makes it sound louder then it actually is lol. I hit 135 with 1 10 pretty good for a SQ sub and iam still workin it in so. iam no newbie but i do know that the w7 and type X are very similiar they both prob are the same in SQ and loudness basically the same subs but different names and type X has better voice coils dual 4 instead of dual 3

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 335
see you are a noob, the w7 is SVC 3ohm... and the SQ is not the same neither is the loudness or the excursion. go to a shop that has a w7 hooked up and will let you turn it all the way up. if its fully powered you'll know how different they are

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
no i was refering to the 13w7 which is dual 1.5 ohm my mistake your refering to the 12. I got my type X and would never change they are insane

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1080
type X 12 in a good box is a good sounding sub. i have 2 of them and im willing to put up the sq of them against alot of w7s and it will be a close fight. its hard to compare the two because the price of the type Xs is alot less than the W7s, so much so that you can get 2 type Xs for less than 1 W7.

on a side note neither of them are that great so find better subs. and before you go saying "OHH MANN hes never heard a W7" i know at least 10 people with them in all kinds of boxes and sizes. there not that great...especially for the price. W6s on the other hand sound good.

Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 4
ive heard the 12 inch W7 and the 10 inch talk about loud and clean the 12 hits hard and sounds excellent i think JL is the best but also i dont hate on the other brands out there

Memphis, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 7
yea i didnt have the mone right now at this time and i have to opportunity to get a audiobahn 1100 watt rms sub for 90$ with a box and i was wonderin if it is a good deal. i was also loking on e bay at some type r's but the rms for my amp is 560 and the type r willonly handle 500 would that be alright to frun 60 morw watts rms? but if i can get the audiobahn i will do that i think.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
dude audiobahn sucks get a kicker 1200.1 more money but its worth it

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 733
don't ever get audiobahn, they suck. the type r is a great sub, and yes they can easily handle the 560w you're amp puts out and then some.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1554
typically subs can easily handle more power then its RMS rating. The catch with this is, it needs to be GOOD, CLEAN!!! power.

Sending a clipped signal at any watt load will prematurly destroy any sub on the market.

Username: Kiker

Kearney, Nebraska US

Post Number: 3
Im a newb:-)

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 370
great, since your a noob, DON'T try and act like you know all... like some kids ^^^ up there

Kearney, Nebraska US

Post Number: 4
Sounds like a plan. But just some advice Strate is spelled S T R A I G H T. GET SOME WATER!

Bronze Member

Memphis, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 19
no one wants ot buy my subs so that i can afford the new ones. any new ppl out tehre tyying to get into audo but dont have money i got some stuff for sale.

Kearney, Nebraska US

Post Number: 5
Matt........ your awsome

Silver Member

Post Number: 596
REALLY REALLY MATT I WANT THEM WUT R THEY....PLZ TELL ME I NEED TO NO IM A NOOB AND I WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF BY U:-O...NAH J/K I DONT WANT TO BY DUALS I GOT WUT I NEED:-O

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 373
dude, no one can correct my spelling, teachers have tried since 2nd grade, i can't spell, im technically retarded, so you know what strate thats how you spell it in the Shainesters Dicshonary

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 374
LOL^^^ DRIVINGRECKLESS!!!! LOL

Kearney, Nebraska US

Post Number: 6
Haha damn, you have your own dictionairy? Your flippin tight.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 375
LOL!!! THATS RIGHT order off e-bay... since its not that popular yet its kinda expensive, BUT once you get it, you'll get strate A's in collage and high school:-)

Kearney, Nebraska US

Post Number: 7
I dont beleive you................
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us