Is it possible????????????????????????/

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 562
to hit 145 with one treo 12" ssx??????????
if so howwwwwwwwwwww??????????????????????

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3022
ill say so... comes down to the install... :-)
maybe 1500 rms per coil to start with, box tuned highish.. etc...

Silver Member

Post Number: 563
HIGHISH?????????
IM SELLING MY TREO TSX'S 12" AND I HAD 2 JBL GTO1201.1 HOOKED UP TO IT AND NATE IS MAKING ME A 200A ALTERnator....i wuz thinking of tuning it to 35 Hz..........and upgrading the big 3.....and i have a suv.......also i wuz gunna upgrade my stock HU..........imma get the 12" ssx from my dealer...but they have to order them since they dont stock them..cant wait :-O

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3025
well TREO is still out of parts for the SSX soft parts, but everything will be back to normall at the end of this month...
u want to hit a high number in a suv with 1 sub, will be VERY difficult... cause all the cubic space that u need to get loud...

higish was meant to be 35-40hz... still good sounding, belive it or not... hurt your ears more, than feeling it...

u need to start 1st, with the big3 and wire upgrades to 0ga runs, the alternator will be a MUST, and also some deepcycle batteries...

Silver Member

Post Number: 565
BIG 3 IS A DEFINATE YES I WUZ THINKIN OF MAKIN A 3 CU.FT. BOX TUNED TO 35 TO KEEP SOUND QUALITY......also havin my local dealer dynomat the hell out of my car but tht might be expensive so doin it myself might be the way im going....also i wuz thinkin of gettin sum stinger batteries.....id say 2 cuz ive heard the yellow tops have short life spns......also imma have the sub facing up and the ports(2) fireing towards the rear hatch....i need 145db im desperatee like a motha f&%^

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3029
actually if you want to meter on the mic, dynomat actually can hurt your score by 2dbs or so...
3cubes will be nice for the 12... Stinger batts may help you 1-2db... hit it with more amp power, then u will be there!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 567
i believe i could squeeze all the power out of my jbl gto1201.1...if not a lil more.....i cant wait for them to order it...im not sure if i can build the back of the box with 1/2 plexi....i dont want my box to be weak...i wuz also gunna put sum braces in the box to prevent flexing....tht sh!t is gunna bump

Silver Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 102
Hey B what do you mean by dynomat can hurt your score by 2 dBs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 568
IM GUESSING THE VIBREATIONS OF THE CAR WILL BOOST THE SOUND UP A LIL AND SINCE DYNAMAT QUIETS THEM IT WILL EFFECT SOUND QUALITY OVER SPL OR SQL

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3033
it hurts more people than helps... with dynomatt...
hey i got to run, ill post later...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3052
had to find this post again.. lol
yea, for spl dynomatt hurts the score in certain vehicles, most compeitiors have tested both ways, and have said its extremely hard to pull that dynomatt back off.. LOL

but dynomatt will help if you were after SQ..

vibrations looose spl, reflections help spl... but its funny how it works..

2400rms from those 2 amps or lil more, on a SSX 12, should get you to that number or close! :-) it will be plenty loud enuff for you!

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3053
2 TSX 12s, VS 1 SSX 12... hmmm
why not add 2 more TSX 12s... ??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us