Would a capacitor help my subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 91
I know in some situations capacitors can help deliver higher bursts of power when needed but do you think they would help me out at all. I have a 200 amp alternator with 2 hifonics 1500d amps.

If it would help can someone suggest a good one?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
comon help me out somebody

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7259
http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
bump

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 716
i'd say since you were smart enough to get the ho alt. before the cap. you could use one and it'd help you out. don't know which are the best though, have seen alot of people using the stinger ones'.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
yea, none of the really notable brands seem to make capacitors, theres alot of power acoustic and stuff but maybe there caps are good just not their audio stuff. im thinkin that its probably not gonna make a huge difference but if itll take any stress off of my electric system then ill get some

Username: Bobimpact

Post Number: 10
To put it in short form here's how things work:

Technically speaking, with no accessories on, your car can run on the alternator. As you add on current draw, the alternator dips into the batteries power supply like a bank, withdrawing what it needs and re-depositing it when it can. Because a typical battery uses a chemical reaction to generate power, it can be slow. Capacitors are also extremely simple devices, essentially they are just two plates separated by a dielectric (a nonconductive material). A capacitor avoids the sluggish nature of a battery by storing electrons between the two plates and discharging them as needed. Because the capacitor can only store energy, not create it, it can release its energy in big, fast bursts. Think of a bolt of lightning as a big capacitor. In this regard, a cap can help your subs sound better by providing your amps with all of the power available to it from the electrical system. Caps also tend to smooth out low-end power delivery, filling in lulls and absorbing excesses in the voltage level of the car. My favorite capacitors tend to be made by AlumaPro. You have done the right things so far, but a battery upgrade (Optima is my fav.) is probably going to give you better immediate results.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1393
i say dont go with one. i really dont think they do much to ur system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
i upgraded my battery to a dual cycle marine battery but i think i will most likely buy an optima yellow top instead

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 79
rockford makes a cap

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1933
i have heard that voodoo makes the best caps i own one myself just dont use it lol but it could help you out but might not lol

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1552
"rockford makes a cap"

rockford sucks now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us