No sound coming from my clarion dxz745mp head unit.

Bronze Member
Username: Artofaccuracy

Post Number: 65
So yeah .. I checked the connections many times and I think it was hooked up correctly.

It did work at one point, there were a few shorts though in there when I was driving down to the florida, now I get no sound, it turns on and displays though.

Yeah .. there was definetaly shorts ... cuz I blew my heater blower switch.

I suppose its possible I fried something in the head unit .. in this case is there a fuse or diode that would protect it?

If its fried, how should I go about getting it fixed?

On the flipside .. my 12v cig lighter switch isn't working either, so there may be some problems as far as the cars electric system goes.

Not 100% sure what's wrong here

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3045
Though the fuses might be blown on the main fuse panel, they do not affect the sound output...

More than likely, the output IC was blown when the speaker wires touched. Though, when one speaker wire crosses on the new Clarion headunits, all speakers go silent. Make sure you test each speaker individually to make sure there isn't just one short causing the whole thing to shut down the output.

In addition, disconnect all the speakers from the head unit, and hook up an external speaker to one of the speaker outputs on the head unit and see if it works. This way you can differentiate between the problem being in the head unit or the car's wiring.

Bronze Member
Username: Artofaccuracy

Post Number: 66
So what's the output IC?

Could I just attach an external amplifier to fix this problem?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3058
The output IC is a black chip that is attached to the main board. It's fairly big...

External amps should work fine, though you might want to check the RCAs just to make sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us