Subwoofer wiring help

Username: Mightytibian

Post Number: 5
Hiya, thanks for any help in advance. I have an Alpine SWR-1242D sub and am really confused on how to wire it from the sub to the box. I have the box and sub and wiring and stuff and the instructions but it has 2 options. One for 8 ohms and one for 2 ohms. I am looking in the intructions under the options one sub one amp duel 4 coil 4 ohms sub which is what I have. I also have a Profile ap1000m amp if that matters. Does it matter which option I chose to use from the sub using the little jumpers that came with the sub? How do I know which one to use? Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 793
lower sub impendence takes out more power from ur amp. U need to know if ur amp is what ever ohm stable.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 794
Are u gonna bridge the 1 sub?? If so check on ur amps specs to see what ohm it handles in bridged, if u overload ur amp it might and most likely fu*k up.

Post Number: 6
I know jack about car audio heh so I really dont know what bridging is. I know the amp says 350w at 4 ohms. Heres my amp if u wanna see it cuz idk what im doing. I might have to end up paying someone to install it. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-H8boftBNOuv/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=100&I=489AP1000M &search=profile+amps

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1249
Does it matter which option I chose to use from the sub using the little jumpers

Yes very much, a high ohm level means the sub sees less power.

Is your amp 1 or 2 CH?

If its 1 CH @ 2ohm your good?

If not you may need a new amp.

If it is wire it like this \/
Upload

Post Number: 7
Ya its a mono amp. So I should use the second setup then?

Upload

Upload

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 801
use example 2.

Post Number: 8
Awesome thanks for all the help

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 804
ya ur amp is 2ohm stable, so use 2ohms. You know how to wire it right??

Post Number: 9
Well I think so. Gonna use the jumpers and then follow the rest of the instructions to just wire it to the sub box. Then Tweeter is gonna re-run my remote wire since it either went bad or came lose in the last install I had from Car-Toys. There also gonna wire the amp. I was just trying to figure this out so I wouldnt have to spend 20 bucks on it. We bought some pretty thick monster sub speaker cable from radio shack and I think u just use the spring thingies and run it from the sub to the box and crimp it. Just gotta look at the sub closer to see how to wire it. Any tips?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us