Altitude and temperature affecting sql??

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 780
Do these affect sq and spl?? I think they do.

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1243
humidity I hear can affect proformance.

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 205
wad up tj, i think they do to because when i moved from california to colorado there is a huge alititue and heat diffrence, my subs dont hit has hard as they didnt in cali

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 782
Ya i hear temp messes with performance too. I was askin that cuz this weekend i went to my grandmothers house about 140 miles away from my house where it is cooler and higher in alltitude and it seemed like my system was performing better, then i got home where it is fu*kin boilin hot and lower in altitude and i noticed my systems sq and spl didnt sound as good as @ my grandmothers house, especially the sq.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 783
sup dev thats y i havnt been on in a couple of dayz.

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 208
lol oh icic, i havnt been on for a couple days to, so you keeping your CVRs

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 789
For now ya. U?? Have u hooked em up yet?? I switched to sealed for now and i fu*kin hate the way they sound! I had to though cuz i had no room for my 2 ported enclosures in my little trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 111
i think it affects the sound cause at night i notice that my system is a lil louder for some reason lol. probably cause less noise or something.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 815
lol me too i noticed that. I think that systems perform better at night cuz of cooler temp and da ampz run better and are more efficient.man.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1161
It is all about density. Dependant on temp, humidity atmospheric pressure this all can affect your system. Polo.. :-)

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 855
Thanx Polo. So the lower in altitude and the hotter in temperature the less ur system will perform right??

Polo what do u think about 2 12" cvrs being tuned to 30hz?? Do u think the lowz will sound really good and louder??

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 772
acctually the lower in altitude the more dense the air. Air is also more dense when cold.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 858
Which means??

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1077
pretty much any change to the atmosphere effects sound even tho most are not easily noticed. molecules move more slowly in cold temperatures which causes a slower velocity at which sound is transmitted. which pretty much means the sound moves slower from the speakers to your ears. but once again it is usually not a huge difference from normal listening.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 884
o well that day i heard my system at my grandmas house i noticed a pretty big difference in my sq through my cvrs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us