Speaker kick

Bronze Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 37
would a kx 1200 watt amp kicker sound better than a zx 1500 watt amp kicker on a 15 solo baric L7?

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 165
What part about the kx1200.1 is already overpowering it already didn't you get? Dude, you've gotta stop making so many posts especially since half of them ask the same damn question. Stick to one post and ask your questions in there, its not like they don't get answered.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
hey i was just wonderin is that okay cuz im gettin a damn amp and im wantin it to be VERY LOUD!

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 167
The zx1500 would fry the sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
why would it fry it it says 1000rms to 2000rms tell me why it would fry the sub

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 168
It's 2000 watts max handling. You give a sub from a little less to a little more than its rms rating to get the best performance from it. The zx1500 is overkill, the kx1200 its perfect but just don't crank the sh!t out of it

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 172
didnt bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
it just seems like the 1500 watt amp would be best for it cuz its not goin over 2000 watts and its not goin over 2000 watts i dont want to bridge them amp cuz it says RMS Power: 1,000W x 1 @ 2 ohms and 2,000 watts at 1 ohm and my sub is a 2 ohm so what should i do

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3004
READ THIS ENTIRE WEBSITE THEN COME BACK WITH A SENSIBLE QUESTION!
http://www.bcae1.com/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
wait up sorry about that i made a mistake on the 1500 watt kicker amp its 1500 X 1 RMS @ 2 ohm so wouldnt that make it sound just right since it can power 2000 watts and 1000 watts peak?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
hey B get a life

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 700
tyler, listen to B, you really need to read that site and to understand, at least a little better, on what your doing.

just get the kicker kx1200.1 and run it at 2ohm so the sub will see the 1250+. just watch the gains and volume since you'll be overpowering it by a good bit. but if you're going to buy a second l7 go ahead and get the 2500.1 now. just please, read that site so you can stop asking so many dumb questions, over and over again. and when you ask advice, take it instead of starting yet another post for the same question.

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 155
lol Newbie just told B to get a life wow. No offense tyler but that was pretty stupid of you to say. B's justr trying to help you and, he knows just about all there is to this stuff so you really need to just take some time and read what hes telling you to, after that you will have a good start as to what you are talking about.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
would the kx 1200.1 be really loud u think in the escalade?

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 179
That amp would push that sub to its limits, and it is a pretty loud sub. Since it's an SUV, it'll get louder than if it was in a trunk since its in the same cabin as you. Your box will make or break the sound it puts out though. It needs to be large (at least 5 cubic feet) and ported at about 34-36hz for you to get what you want out of it. But like everybody else has been stating, you've gotta do some research on your own and learn about car audio, because your knowledge on this stuff is well... very dull.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
well i have a box and its ported but im thinkin aobut goin with a probox 15 single ported from audio express its like 2 times bigger than the box now so u think it would be louder in that box?

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 183
Well, only the specs of it will be able to determine that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
the probox specs is this Airspace: 4.50
L: 35.25" W: 18" H: 17".......so would that be really loud?

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 161
If you really want it to be loud just by a new sub, cause i have a feeling your already pushing yours to the peak.

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 185
It could be bigger, but that's fine. Thats a weird shaped box... but the only other thing you need to know is what the port frequency is tuned to

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
lol no not at all i have the cheapest amp u can find a sony explode 1000 which it dont do 1000 more like 300 but my sub will barally move and im tired of it so im wanitn to get an amp that will make it pound

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 703
then why not forget about the new box and worry about the amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
what is the port frequency? lol i know im new to this stuff and ive been readin some of that website but what do u mean tuned to?

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 187
The port tuning is what frequency the port is made to stop playing at. Say a box is tuned to 32hz, then the box won't generate much sound below that frequency. Usually lower tuned boxes (2x-36hz) sound better, but put out a little less sound compared to a high tuned box (~37-4x), which gets a bit louder, but loses sound quality. The dimensions of the port determine what it is tuned to

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
how much louder would anohter 15L7 be than just one powered by the kicker 1200.1 in a big box? is there much difference and difference in db's?

Bronze Member
Username: Kickerandy

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 85
yes!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
like how much say im hittin 140 with 1 solo baric 15 L7 if i got another what do u think i should be hittin?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 717
i'd say another 2-4dbs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
thats not to much

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 718
what were you looking for, going from 140 to 150db?

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 191
Actually, it's a lot more than you think
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us