Ported box-how do you build a port?

Bronze Member
Username: Snopro4ever

Post Number: 45
i have a sealed box and my stats say a ported will be louder, how do i build a port, and anyone got a diagram of what one looks liek internally?

i have 0 exp with ports

Bronze Member
Username: Shawndecker1

Pine hill, Nj Usa

Post Number: 34
A port is nothing more than a cardboard or plastic tube cut to a determined length and secured to the inside of your box and sealed. Pvc works best due to it's availability in sizes and strength. I normally take a piece of 2x material and cut a hole matching the port width into it, then secure the port to the 2x. This makes it easier to fasten to the inside of the box. The length and diameter of said port is critical in tuning your box. I used just that approach in making a Home theater sub box for myself. (8) 3" ports 13" long enhance the sh!t out of the sound of my sub. Good luck. Most here can lead you to finding the specs needed for your ports, most subs come with that info already.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1232
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

Great site ^^ for a ported box.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 825
so that settles it im porting my next box....i was going to go sealed not now.....LOL....thes RLP15 will be monsters...soon as i get some money

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 826
but i cant build a cube shaped box due to the nature of my trunk design and my overall design an practicality...i need a wedge shape...so will the pvc deal work if so how

Bronze Member
Username: Snopro4ever

Post Number: 46
doesanyone have a schematic drawing of a ported box, drawn with like cad or somehting? i need to see what the inside of the box looks like when it is ported

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 534
http://reaudio.com/html/

that drawing is a slot port, built alittle different from a pvc port, but http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp that Rave'n recomended will give u plans for a slot port style box so the picture from that site will be what the inside of the box will most likely look like, with different dimensions specefic to your sub...

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 535
when u go on that like for reaudio, go to tech, then go to enclosures, select single(only option) the select view number 2(this will be the inside of the box)

Bronze Member
Username: Kickerandy

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 82
you suck...LOL!!HAHH, 6you cant even build a ported box...OMGhahaha you suck, i cant beleive it i have built at least lik 300 ported boxes, god, u suck

Bronze Member

Pine hill, Nj Usa

Post Number: 35
Thank you for your mature and educated response. We all bow to your wisdom and knowledge in ported speaker boxes. It's people like you that discourage the kind of help alot of people are looking for here. Grow up. LIKE, OMG, YOU SUCK AND....YOU ALL SUCK SOME MORE....AND...WELL...EVERYONE SUCKS BUT ME..AND....ENOUGH!

Bronze Member

Pine hill, Nj Usa

Post Number: 36
Thank you for your mature and educated response. We all bow to your wisdom and knowledge in ported speaker boxes. It's people like you that discourage the kind of help alot of people are looking for here. Grow up. LIKE, OMG, YOU SUCK AND....YOU ALL SUCK SOME MORE....AND...WELL...EVERYONE SUCKS BUT ME..AND....ENOUGH!

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 878
Billy the site Rave'n pointed out(in my opinion) is the best, but since ur new to makin ported enclosures id rather you make a PVC port then a vented port cuz its way easier. Use this site:

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

There u go man all u got to do is put in ur inner volume of ur enclosure, port width, and tuning frequency and it tells u the length it should be.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 879
Shawn nice enclosure did u build it?? Are those visonik subs though??

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 880
I'll help u billy what is ur recomended cuft of box volume and what are u gonna tune it to??

Bronze Member

Pine hill, Nj Usa

Post Number: 37
Yeah it's my design and work. I've loved speakers since my teenage years. The Visonik's may be way on the low end compared to what some of you guys use, but they pump out the bass from the 500w Bash plate amp pretty well. To keep the overall cost down to about $400 was also a plus. I could've spent 3x that much or more. Two of the eight ports fire to the rear to save on space.

Bronze Member

Pine hill, Nj Usa

Post Number: 38
Also, one of the (4) 10" subs in this box is cut out of the pic to get to fit into the 600 x 600 requirement. I've got to say that those out there who swear never to use a car sub in a home theater speaker don't know what they're missing in value. Look at how much a "quality" home theater sub goes for and compare it to auto sub, way different! If all you're looking to do is move air, why not????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us