System Rebuild... Everyones opinions please!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 24
Ok, im getting $500 for my old system, im starting over from scratch... I would like to have all of this together by christmas... I will have $800 by July and wanted some suggestions on the steps to rebuild my whole audio system. Let me know what you would buy and the order in which you would buy these things. Looking around $1,200 limit but willing to go a little over. I'm not gonna lie, i'm kind of a bass head, not so much worried about component systems, just killer bass (SQL). Keep in mind this is going in a 99' Honda Civic.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 164
Usually you install a HU first, and then either put in subs and an amp or internal speakers, whichever you choose first. The bass might overpower the stocks speakers though, so I'd replace the internals first. But also, depending on how many amps you'll be using from your electrical system, you may need a new alternator before you install an amp (if its 1000rms+, you will). Planning out what you're getting and installing it all at once will save you some time though.

Bronze Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 25
do you have any certain products in particular though? Jl, Treo, Rockford, Kicker... ect.? I was looking to go with american made products preferably.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 170
Pioneer, Eclipse HU

JL, RF, Kicker, Soundstream, Treo amp

Stereo Integrity, JL, RF, Kicker, Treo, Eclipse, Resonant Engineering, Ascendant Audio, Adire Audio for subs

I'd personally go Infinity for internals

KnuKonceptz wiring kit

Bronze Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 27
Here's what i'm looking at... tell me what you think...

Kenwood Excelon HU

Jl 1000/1 amp
Jl 12W7
Stock internals
Stinger wiring kit...

That should run me around $1200

P.S. Would you take a 12w7, a 12" L7, or a 12" diamond d9?

Bronze Member
Username: Brycew7

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 26
W7 hands down. since you mentioned SQL

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1092
Ditch the 1000/1 and 12W7 setup. That kills your budget right there. They are good, but not for that type of budget.

Try this exactly for 1000 (under budget).
HU- http://www.cardomain.com/item/ECLCD2000 Eclipse CD2000 $200
Internals Amp- http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC06ZX1502 Kicker 150.2 (or 250.2) $150
Internals-http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFREF6010CS Infinity Reference Components $200
Wiring- Knuconceptz $50
Subs- 2 12" Assassins in a ported box tuned to 32Hz. $150 for subs, $100 for box.
Amp- Kicker KX 600.1 off ebay for $150

That right there is 1 grand. A little less and would still be AWESOME. Just my opinion though.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1547
Personally, i'd take the setup Chris mentions any day over the JL setup.

JL's nice, but the ever dying quote of "for the money, you can get much better" seems to come to mind.

Bronze Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 28
true true... but ive never heard the assasins before.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 719
there nice, heard a pair next to my w3's and i'd say about the same output, almost as nice sq to. and for $75 each, i say that makes them better.

Bronze Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 29
i already have the head unit thoug... so im willing to put more into the amp/sub combo. like $200-300 more.

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 559
okay heres the deal
subs-12" treo ssx~600
amp-orion 2500d~450
eclipse hu-cd4000~190
box self built:tuned to 35 Hz~20

there u go my opinion

Gold Member

Post Number: 1094
If you already have a HU and don't mind the bass drowning out the music then go with 2 12" Arsenals in a custom ported box tuned to 32Hz with a Crossfire 1000D powering them.

Bronze Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 36
how many db's u think that will hit?

Bronze Member
Username: Im_the_loudest

Post Number: 19
get 2 kicker 12 inch cvx for under 500 bucks and onlinecarstero.com and then get the mb quart raa1000..........will be around 750 and you get the bass you want

Gold Member

Post Number: 1095
The 2 Assasins with ~750 total RMS in a ported box depending on the car could hit upper 130's. I have 2 12" Arsenals SEALED powered by a Crossfire 600D (900rms) and I hit lower 140's. With a ported box and ~1400rms they could hit middle to upper 140's if everything is done right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us