Which box for type R???

Bronze Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 93
I am having a type R subs, a pair. I need to fit them in a box. Which type of box should be the best for these subs.
Also tell me what are ported and sealed box?

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1199
ported

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 223
ported means you have a tube or a slot running from the inside of your box to the outside of your box. this tube or slot can be tuned to a desired tuning frequency by changing the diameter of a round port and the hieght and width of a slot port and both can be adjusted by changing the lenght of the port. tunings below 32 hz are considered to be sound quality tunes, 32-35hz is sound quality with loudness, 35 hz and up is pure volume called spl. the port works by using the air the sub moves while moving backwards and uses it to increase the output of the subwoofer.

sealed boxes, or acoustic suspension boxes, are usually smaller than ported boxes and have no tube or port going from the box. they are completey sealed off. they are USUALLY better at playing deeper bass and have better sound quality, but USUALLY lack in the loud department. they are easier to build and since they are smaller they can fit in more places.

for alpine type r's you can go either way. most people run them ported because they still maintain very good sound quality while getting very loud. if you ran them sealed you would lose some output but they would have exceptional sound quality. you can find the msuggested box specs on their website, but i think for 12" type r a ported box should be from 1.25-2ft^3, and for sealed 1-1.5ft^3

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
I need the boom boom sound but not like the woofers seemed to be un motion which creates a distortion type sound like on higher volunes. I need the deep bass BOOM BOOM

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
I need the boom boom sound with a understandable vocals. I mean besides the bass I want to hear the songs also. But dont want sacrifice for bass. So suggest me the box

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 710
ported, about 32-33hz and you'll be happy.

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 828
BOOM BOOM,lol....do u like to hear the lowz loud??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us