Kicker..

Bronze Member
Username: Exman494

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 14
Hey guys i just got back from circuit city and i was looking at there kicker subs..they seem to be really good.. Do you guys think Kicker make a good sub? And does anyone here have kicker subs?
Thanks
Joe

Bronze Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 15
yes they make good subs even though no one here likes them but i just ordered 2 12 cvx's it should be cool when they get here

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 549
ive heard tht the kicker cvrs have sum sound quality while the l7's get loud....

Bronze Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 16
yeah i had the cvrs and they did sound pretty good and they got pretty loud to for how much they cost

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 679
the cvr's are definately the most popular. they get pretty loud and don't sound to terrible. the l5 and l7 suck, they do get really loud but have no sq at all, and have problems due their square shape. the cvx is their new sub, get's about as loud as an l7 but sounds better. just depends on what you're going for, kicker is primarily an spl company, not very well in the sq department.

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 550
if u want sound quality go for sum type r's or try sum treo ssi's.......its all bout money i have also heard digital designs have excellent sq

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 15
the one i was looking at gettin was the l7. i cant find the cvr on the kicker website? can anyone provide me a link to the cvr specs? But i did notice the l7 rattles alot when you crank it up.
Thanks
Joe

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 681
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14817

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 16
also..how much do the kicker l7 sell for if i buy them from the factory? and what kind of amp should i get for the l7?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 685
i think about $400-500 brand new, and you'll need about 800-900wrms for it. but i'd chose another sub over that, they have to many problems.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1326
if u are lookin at some kicker cvr's (best at circuit city)

get 2 12" cvr's
ported box tuned to 32
audiobahn a8002t (wired to 4 ohm)

each sub will get 400 rms

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 17
if you buy a sub off of ebay and it says its new w/ factory seal on it is there a way to tell if it has been refernished?
Thanks
Joe

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1336
they wont lie to you... if they have 98.9% or higher feedback and they are a powerseller, they wont BS u. i Buy most of my car audio off ebay and i have never been scammed. just look at their feedback and if their a power seller.

they will tell u if its refurbished nyways, if they say it new factory sealed, it brand new ad never opened, so dont worry bout it.

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 18
Ok cool thanks alot bassman3..and if i buy the subs off of ebay does anyone know if i take them to a place like circuit city will they install them?
Joe

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1347
you really wont need to waste money at some place like circuit city and best buy. They really dont know anything about how to hook up amps etc. i have known people who go and get their stuff installed and it was wired to the wrong load on the amp and the amp overheated.

they will though.

hooking up subs are super super easy. i can help you out if u would like and walk u through it. its very simple. takes 5-10 minutes at most

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 19
bassman3, if you would be willing to help me out to installing everything it would be greatly appreciated!!! But i probly wont get my sub and etc. until xmass lol.. And if were both still around on this fourm ill let ya kno.. And im not sure if you have AIM but my s/n is exman493 im me anytime..
Thanks agian
Joe

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1351
i will. i'll still be around, lol

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1352
bman3 is mine

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 20
Ok cool i added you..So if i do get the kicker L7 15" 2000 peak 1000 rms what size amp will i need? and wut else would i need? should i get new speakers too so i dont ruin the factory ones?
Thanks
Joe

Username: Dandandan

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 4
mr bojangles are you a dj persin ? coz i think u were at my skool for a disco

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1355
you can run the factory speakers for now and see how to like the. The best option would be to get components and amp them too, but i would see how u like ur speakers first.

if the sub is DVC 4 ohm, you need an amp that puts out 1000 rms @ 2 ohms. If its DVC 2 ohm, you need an amp that puts out 1000 rms @ 1 or 4 ohms.

u would need an amp installation kit
www.knukonceptz.com

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1356
and my bad. my sn is bassmanthree i was thinkin of my last one. sry

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 22
I was looking around on ebay for a 800-900 watt amp and ther not cheap....haha...so could i get like 2 400 watt amps? would it be the same?
Thanks
Joe

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7246
u guys are clueless, saying an L7 has no sq is like saying a cap is pointless, just ignorance, Compared to subs like w6v2,idmax,etc of course not...But for an SPL SUB, it has good sq, better then any other SPL sub i have ever heard...

Bronze Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 17
no i'm not a dj danny i just love the name i use it for everything

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1074
the L7s arnt made to sound good...thats what the CVX is made for.
i got your back chauncey.

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 25
i would get 2 cvx's or 2 cvr's but i dont think ill have enought room in my truck..haha the 1 L7 barley fits in the back and I still have to put the amp in too.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1057
get the cvx's and dont buy from indoaudio.

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 26
will a zx1000 kicker amp be good for a l7 15?
Thanks
Joe

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 27
y not buy from indoaudio?

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1058
they will sell you stuff they dont have on hand and then say that there is a mix-up in the warehouse and you will have to wait like 2 months. ask others in here about indoaudio. start a thread about them and see how many people respond.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us