Most annoying thing ever

Bronze Member
Username: Point78

El cajon, Ca

Post Number: 49
i have a 2001 chevy 1500 silverado 4dr ext cab with two jl10w3v2d4's one jl 500/1 one jl300/4 jl 6.5" zr components in the front and infinity 4x6's in the rear. no doubt it sounds great but when im at the desert or in a parking lot just chilln with some people i put my truck on acc. and open the doors and i get that annoying door chime does anyone no what i can do to shut it of or dissable it. ive been just flipping the latch down on the door but it sucks when u forget and try to shut the door with the latch already shut.
please help im going insane

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 103
lol i know what you mean i hated that too. i followed the noise where it was coming from and it was like a lil black box with some wires in the back of it, i just disconnected them and no more chime.

Bronze Member
Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 88
or pull the fuse in the fuse box

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1158
Naaaa, don't yank the fuse. Open the door and let the chime go, locate the box. It should be a plastic black box under the dash maybe above the stearing column, only have to follow the sound to locate it. Once you have found it, shut the vehicle down and unplug the box. now look at it most just snap together or have a couple screws. Don't destroy it, just open it and you will find a Piezo tranducer, looks like a disc with two wires going into a circuit board. It should have a plug for it, just unplug it, reassemble the box and put it back. Todays boxes do much more than chime. Polo.. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 89
some chimes go through the speakers though

Bronze Member
Username: Point78

El cajon, Ca

Post Number: 50
thanks for all the help its fixed now thank god
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums