What do I need?

Username: Exman494

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone im new here..I need help setting up my system..I was looking at buying one Audiobahn Awis12p 2000 watts RMS,And I think the peak is 4000. To put in my Ford Ranger with a cab and a half.. What do I need to make this happen? Do you think that sub is to big? Will i need/want that much power?
Thanks
Joe

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 963
Well, if you are getting a 2000 wrms amp, you are going to need to get a High Output alternator. With that much power you are looking at a very loud setup. If this is just for daily driving, you might find it to be a little over the top.

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 2
Well I want it to be loud(i want to rattle the car next to me)lol but i dont want it to be so loud that its unenjoyable.
Thanks for the post back
Joe

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 178
I think you should go with something lower. IF you get a 2000rms amp you will probably need to get a high output alternator,and maybe a battery. 1000 rms can also get very loud....

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 5
alright so i need a 2000 watt amp high output alternator and maybe a battery?
Thanks
Joe

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 6
do you think it will all fit in my ranger?
Joe

Silver Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 182
Yeah it will easily fit in your ranger. I have a 1993 Ford Ranger Extended cab and I currently have a 3.5 ft^3 box in there. I only have one 15" AA Atlas but it slams pretty well. It's enough for me. I am running about 600 watts rms total and my lights dim just a little when i'm idling, so you will definitley need a high ouptut alternator. If it was me I would recommend staying away from audobahn subs. They have very pour build quality and do not have the best sq. Just list your price range and someone can find you a sub that is much better.

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 68
i agree^^ stay away from audiobahn subs.. however i do like their amps. they heat up a lil to quickly for me but they are pretty good about giving you the power you need.

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 8
alright guys..ill take that into consideration about audiobahn...im not quite sure what my price range is..probly $550? And I was thinking about buying all the stuff off of ebay??
Thanks
Joe

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 74
if its 550 get a freaking RE or Havoc sub they will both blow audiobahn away...

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 9
well..550 for amp sub(s) and w/e else i need

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 533
ur not gunna get a h/o alt new battery, wiring for both sub amp and to replace stock electrical wiring for 550...550 will prob jsut cover a good h/o alternator and battery, never mind the sub and sub amp....u might want to look into a smaller system if thats your budget, or save up for a while until you get some more $...

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 755
you could get a 12" kicker CVX D4 or maybe a ascendant audio arsenal 15" the kicker is more spl and the arsenal is more sql they are close to the same price. and for an amp get an audiobahn a8000t off ebay. then for power/ground wire you should get some 4 gauge and you'll need an inline fuse breaker, knukonceptz.com is good. you will need some rca for the signal from your head unit(i assume it is aftermarket) to the amp you can get super cheap kind for about $5 but i suggest getting some quality rca prolly around $25. then if you want louder build a ported box.

amp~ 130 shipped
sub~ 260 shipped
wire/fuse~ 35 shipped
10' rca~ 25
4' x 8' sheet mdf~ 20

approx grand total...

$470

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 397
hey algarard1, i have a 600 watt amp, and my 500 watt sub, i can sit for anout an hour when the bettry is charged and listen to music without it even running, and my lights dont dim...?? is this cuz my amp is crap?> its streetbeat, dont ask....

Silver Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 185
Well what is you stock alts amperage. My alt is only 95A. I have a kicker kx650.4 that puts out 325 watts rms to my sub and 125 rms to each of my front speakers. My lights barely dim while idling but im going to be doing the big 3 soon and that should stop the dimming hopefully.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 278
i run 1100 watt memphis on my lexus stock alternator, with really, no problems, im not sure how many amps the alt is but if i pull all the switches for the windows up or down the lights dim

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 140
man just get a 12" alpine type R in a ported box with a kicker 650.1 ud love that setup u wont have to upgrade your alternator but u might look into getin a new battery and a battery isolator for 2 batteries

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 12
Thanks for the info. guys.. Yeah i was looking at kicker today and it seems that they have really good subs..
Thanks
Joe

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 398
no, my van not even running when im listening to music, and it last around an hour before it goes dead...? my amp must not be true 600 watt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us