All my stuff is here!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 59
HELL YEA!!! Finally got my Q-L sub box, and my 12" CompVR.

Here is the sub box I got:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xhxxyVl72Nr/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=178650&I=044T101 2SS

Sub I got:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xhxxyVl72Nr/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&I=2065C12VR2

Being powered by a Audiobahn A8000V.

"A watt is a watt"

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1275
nice. i dont like q-logic boxes, but i guess it will work fine.

but, comp vr's dont do well in sealed enclosure because they are mainly a spl sub. if u wanted to get the most out of it, u should have ported it.

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 57
yeah bassman3 is totally right.. plus idont like q-l either.. i personally think they blow.. and i was gonna get a kick i wouldve gotten an l7 but thats jus me.. enjoy

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1281
l7's suck. unless ur a huge spl freak. u must be :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
I just hooked it all up. I NEED HELP!!!

The sub hole in the sub box is TOO BIG, so I used that q-ring it came with, SO WHEN I hooked it all up I was playing Nelly-Grillz, I dont know if it is DISTORTION(Im new to car audio) but when the bass hits the subs makes a strange noise. It sound EXACTLY like if someone would be tapping or flicking the grey top part of the sub. IS IT DISTORTION???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS, could it be possible that air could be leaking? ALSO, what could happen if you have pos and neg the oppisite way, amp to sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 63
well as long as the neg from the amp is goin to the neg to the sub and same with the pos everyting should be ok... its all the same wire... they just put pos and neg on wire to make sure u dont get it mixed up. if it says pos on the wire and its in the neg slot on the amp its ok as long as its the neg slot on the sub as well and same for pos

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1284
^^ then u dont have it wired correctly.. you have it wired like this right? could anything be hittin the sub? or could the sub be hittin somethin as its extended out?

Upload

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1285
just make sure u have it wired like ^^. feel around the edges of the box when u have it turned up and can feel for ur self if air is in fact leaking...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
I acutally have it connected in series, that will get me 4 ohms right?! I hvae reconnected, taken the sub out, Imma go try it out.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 270
if air is excaping from the box (like around where the sub is mounted) then it will sound bad

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
It still making that noise, not as bad now because I messed with the amp settings.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1368
did u wire it to 1 ohm now?? hmmmm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Is the A8000V 1 ohm stable?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1375
no. u cant wire it to 1 ohm. onyl 2 ohm where u will get u 800 watts. my bad, i must have been thinkin of somthin elese at the time
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us