Aa arsenal 15...soundsplinter rl-p 15.. good choices for spl?

Bronze Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 70
Whould either of these subs be a good choice for a single sub setup and get good low end response?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3824
Yeah they are both very good choices. You will be getting a great deal either way you go. It whould be to close to call.

The SS RL-p 12 and 15 are great ported

and the Arsenal 12 and 15 are great sealed

Its up to you. I think the RL-p in a nice size ported box will sound better overall tuned from 28-35hz. They are both excellant subs.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1252
i would pick the SS. port it at 34

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Thats what I was leaning towards (the ss). Thanks guys!

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 672
the Arsenals are great ported as well.

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 501
Arsenals ARE great ported... IMHO, better than the amazing RLP. Arsenals have a distinct SQ that not many subs can compete with. On the other hand they get VERY loud. Don't get me wrong RLPs are nice but not up to par with the Arsenal. Look up some of my reviews on the Arsenal... you'll understand. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Damn, I can't decide. I already have 2 12w6v2's, so I am not going for sq as much as spl. I justed wanted a one sub setup that I could switch in and out with when I get the urge to have some heavy bass apposed to sq. Are these two subs what I should be looking at or am I already getting it with the jl's?

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 211
with 2 12" w6's you should already be getting it. what amp do you have because if powered right then 2 jl's would be louder than both the arsenal and the rl-p.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7234
"if powered right then 2 jl's would be louder than both the arsenal and the rl-p."

Get ur foot out of ur mouth....

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 212
chauncey-
i'm just saying that those w6's are excellent subs. i just don't think it would be worth it to change to either of those subs.

arsenal= 750w rms
rl-p 500-800w rms
2 jl w6= 800w rms

jl makes the best build quality subs IMO. i'm not sure how good those jl's do on low end bass tho. arsenal has AWESOME low end bass and i can vouch for that

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7238
"jl makes the best build quality subs IMO"

Good opinon, but i would take a DD over a JL any day.

also why are u showing me there rms rating????That has nothing to do with how loud they will get
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us