Sound deadning


Silver Member
Username: Sw9152


Post Number: 754
Registered: Feb-06
where is a good place to get it and what is a good brand? sheets are prefered but will do paint on if its better and cheaper. i will need only enough to do the rear hatch door on my ford explorer suv.

Bronze Member
Username: Brycew7

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 17
Registered: May-06
i've seen some on ebay, companies like dynamat, or Brown bread i hear is pretty good.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 185
Registered: Mar-06
SW, if you want it to look very good this isn't a good idea but putting a couple screws through the back plastic trim into the metal supports works great. I drilled a hole through the trim and support, welded a nut on the back of the support, and then ran a bolt through the hole and that stopped A LOT of rattling. If you paint the bolt to match the back of the truck, it is a lot cleaner looking. hope that made sense.

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 177
Registered: Apr-06
Edead off of ebay. it comes in 3 different types. Check it OUT!

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 106
Registered: May-06
has anyone tried that sound deadning that comes in like a spray can? i was thinking of getting it for those hard to reach places.

Bronze Member
Username: Jinster

Post Number: 86
Registered: Oct-04
when i was frequenting, i couldn't see anything but praises for those spray cans

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa


Post Number: 808
Registered: Jan-06
spray ones suck. They take alot of the liquid to make one good layer. Spray is good for things like corners but for whole planes of metal use the matt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us