Using Edead.

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 164
Has anyone used edead yet? the material that makes it stick your car seems like it will mess the paint up on your trunk lid or in your trunk if you try to remove it. IF i use edead to cover my trunk lid, will i be able to clean the sticky residue left on it with some goo gone or something?

has anyone tried to remove edeaD?

Silver Member
Username: Gangstaplayer

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 108
god no that stuff stays on forever your not getting it off

Bronze Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 36
You know what i had the same problem. When you remove the edead it leaves two things. A thin film of brownish stuff and like chunks of the actual material. I have found that the thin film can be removed with TURTLE WAX" BUG & TAR REMOVERWIPES. As for those chunks try whaterver you can but if you just use the wipes it leaves very little of the actual e-dead. All the brownish film like layer is easily removed with those wipes. I think you can get them at autozone or kragen. If not heres a link to a site that has them online.
http://www.hometownstores.com/detail.aspx?ID=85607&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=Ace%20Hardwar e&ovcrn=%22Turtle%20Wax%22%20Bug%20&%20Tar%20Remover%20Wipes&ovtac=CMP

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 166
Can it pull of paint??!?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Just so you know I actually tried to clean it up as soon as i took it off. I guess if you take it off and let it dry it would be a lot harder to remove. And i didnt remove it because i didnt like it, i took it off some areas in the trunk that didnt need it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
not unless your paint is like flaking or in really bad condition.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 168
ok thanks. Did you just put the edead in the trunk? im planning on just putting some on the trunk lid, but i was wondering if it will make my subs a lot quieter on the outside. I want them to still be loud outside of the car, just not so much trunk rattling anymore!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
I only did the trunk lid as well and it helped alot. You should put something on your licence plate as well if you havent already. it made a noticeable dif. in my car and for the money you cant beat it.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 173
one more question. what did you put on your license plate to make it stop??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
i personally just used some weatherstriping i guess thats whats its called.They sell it at home depot and it comes in a roll.They come it different thickness and width so choose the one you need.Oh yeah and it has adhesive on one side so you can stick it on you plate or your car's trunk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us