.5 Ohm stable amp

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 78
I been searching around and cant find a .5 ohm stable amp....any1 have an idea who makes them? my subs measure to .9 ohms and it gets my 1 ohm amp hot and cuts it out.....do they even make them or is every1 lieing to me... can i link 2 amps togethor in anyway to get .5 ohm stable.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1233
wut kind of amp did u have that was gettin hot?? if you wired to a one ohm load with .9 ohm speakers, you should be fine. wut was the amp?

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 80
Well i have a earthquake phd10000w\2 its rated for 5000watts rms at 2ohm's. It is a 1 ohm stable amp. If it is linked with another amp, it will be 2 ohm stable. It never even turns the Proctection light on when it does cut out, and i have to kill the remote and turn it back on to restart the amp....... Question.....Would my sounds sound the same at higher Ohms as the lower ohms although the watts are different? Or atleast will it still hit as hard... i dont think it does but then again this amp is screwy so i havnt really got to test that... at 2 ohms it sounded like $hit when i connected this to my subs(audiobahn immortal series 12' Quad 2 ohm VC's 2000rms each

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 631
i do know an amp 1/2 ohm stable, lanzar optidrive 2000d, is a very nice amp and puts out 1950 at 1/2 ohm, is very cheap 330+ shipping, you can find it refurbished if you want on ebay

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 81
Is Lanzar a well respected amp thouugh, i am looking for quality along with the 1\2ohm and i heard Lanzar is a fleamarket brand, but i have never actually heard a mono block from lanzar.. Another thing i should of noted.... i will need about 3500+ RMS to power my subs how i desire..

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 186
Ive heard of MMATS are good and they have two amps that are 1/2 ohm stable. The D2100.05 or the D3500.05
http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/classd.htm

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 266
i heard audiobahn, thats probably why it sounded like sh!t, i dont recommend this but boss makes a .5 ohm stable amp, so they are out there

Bronze Member
Username: Sqlover

Post Number: 12
Alphasonik makes an amp 0.5 stable. An excellent brand for amps!

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 496
Look for some older US amps on eBay. We used to run them bridged at 0.5 ohms without any problems. If I remember correctly, they were 0.25 ohm stable in stereo. These amps were killer back in the day, but it's been many years ago. US 50, US 100, and US 200 come to mind.

Bronze Member
Username: Orion_hcca

Post Number: 17
the old orion HCCA series are stable at .5 ohms, im pretty sure the xtr series was too

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 189
I know Logic makes a .5 ohm amp. I had an 800 watt Logic amp and it ran great but I haven't heard anyone else say anything about them so I am not sure about overall quality, but I liked it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 637
optidrive line is good quality

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 154
Theres a guy in my town that has an orion 2500d wired down to .5 ohm and works great but im not sure if the amp is modified or not.

Silver Member

Post Number: 643
well, he will need some cooling fans
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us