Jonathan or alteraudio... help needed

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1231
hey, i only want 1 pair of components for the front doors and i dont want to buy an amp to power them. i am not going to be powering my 2 rear coaxial speakers in the back, i am going to take them out...

can i use my HU : http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14769

to power just one pair of components that would sound nice tweeter wise (i already have 2 subs)??? because i dont have the money to buy an amp to power them... or amp i better off buying a pair of coaxials?

thanks!!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2119
use like the infinity reference series on the radio,

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 797
I would buy a pair of coaxials instead. If you don't have the money for another amp buying the components will be a waste. Not enough power for them at all. The HU will only put out about 18rms and components don't have as high as sensitivity as coax's do.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1232
what kind of coaxials? like infinity reference or kappa's??... or what other kinds for a good price. budget for 2 speakers is like 150. opinions needed thanks :-)

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1264
bump

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3831
bassman3, I highly suggest any Infinity Referance series or Alpine Type S coaxials. Very good for the money and excellant of HU power.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1272
i have heard some mixed feelings on the reference series... what about kappa? jonathan and alteraudio dont like them that much and they know alot bout speakers

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3835
Forget the kappa's. They are to bright and will annoy you. The referance series are a great value and they sound clean.

If you are not going to get a amp to drive your speakers then i suggest infinity referance or Alpine type S off HU power.

If you plan to use a amp then use Alpine Type R or Infinity Referance again. IF you want to try somthing more expensive and exotic. You can't go wrong with CDT coaxials.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 803
CDT Coaxials are good but on backorder from CDT right now well CL series. EF's series is good but due to shallow mount lack some of the midbass. The CL's should be in around mid June. As for another good set, I prefer the MTX TDX coax as they have a better mid to high end sound. The Alpine Type S are good in the mids but very dull on the highs. It would come down to what you like. The CDT's are very good on the mids and highs, and are strong on the mids. I would never go with Infnity cause I've never liked them. If you do decide to get an amp, go with components than.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1282
^^, whats CDT's would i get? the CL's? i really dont need anymore bass since i already have a couple subs and stuffl

would u prefer mtx or CDT?

thanks

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3843
CDT anyday over MTX speakers.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 810
yeah, overall the CDT have a better sound combining good mids and highs with midbass. But if you buy only store brands MTX's and Boston are good store brands.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1286
should i go with the CDT CL series? or EF? in ur opinion

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 812
CL has more mid but EF Neo's are shallow and easy to install and nice high mid section and highs.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1299
would the EF's be good to run off HU. To power front and back?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1321
BUMP. alteraudio or jonathan

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 824
they would do well either way. They are efficient so they can do with the power the HU gives but could do quite well with a solid 50rms also.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3846
I use these as rearfill in my car off the HU power and it works out great for those that sit in the back.
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3365

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1332
alright. alright, i think ill get 2 pairs and run all of them of my HU
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us