Dirty Wires?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 946
I have been noticing for quite a while though that my subs don't seem to get as loud as they once used to, without sounding distorted. When I was looking at my speaker wire from the subs to the amp, I noticed that the wires were dirty, like there was a lot of dark grease and stuff on it. I am obiously talking about the actual wire that goes into the speaker terminals itself not the plastic casing lol. Anyway, could this be giving me an adverse affect on my subs SQ and output?

The reason why it is a problem for me is becuase I just barely have enough speaker wire to make it from the back of my box to the amp. And I mean JUST BARELY. Maybe for that reason alone I should get some new wire!

Bronze Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 77
did you get the dollar store speaker wire lol cause thats the only wire that gets like that. it gets like black with some sh!t on it. and it dosent work very good.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 947
No it's KnuKoncepts 12 gauge. Pretty good stuff, I think I just was handling it too much with dirty hands. lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 78
oh then i dont know probably getting too old lol is it kinda like a burnt black color*******************?

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 948
no, it just feels dirty like kinda greasy and grity and just look dirty. it's hard to discribe.

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 45
If thats the case, replace the wire because from what it sounds, it needs to be replaced reguardless of your issue. Its not going to hurt to replace it and if if the new wire does not solve your issue, at least you eliminated one of the possibliities instead of constantly wondering if its the dirty wire. None of my wires have any dirt/grease or whatever you call it on them, and they arethe same wires for almost two years now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us