Help with an amp

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 225
i just bought 2 12" arsenals and i am looking for an amp to power them. I know that this thread has already been made but i want to "overpower them" they are in a sealed box so chad told me they can handle all kinds of power so i was looking to pump about 1000 wrms into them a piece. I was looking at the hionics 2006, which i know will not run at 2000 but more like 170-1800 which isnt that bad. Any other suggestions would be appeciated. Any kind of amp for around 500 or less is what im looking for. I have a ho alt from nate so the power isnt an issue.

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
would one of the west coast custom amps work? if i kept the gains down...

bump

Bronze Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 82
Please any one suggest me an amp to run two Type R 1042D subs without changing the car's electric system

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 344
check into soundstream for the type-r's
i have a cadence amp for my 15" arsenal, and i love it..

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 957
Way to hijack a thread Aman. pffft... anyway, if you want to power 2 type r's properly you can't get it done without upgrading your alt. they are 500 wrms a peice, 1000 wrms won't run on stock alternators.

Matthew, there is a guy on caraudioforum.com that is selling a Orion 2500D for 350 shipped, that is a KILLER price. Why don't you give him an e-mail?

Heres a link for ya:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/showthread.php?t=244837

Your welcome in advance!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Isnt there any way to hook up the type r's without any change in the car's elec syst? Like buying a two channel amp or something else?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 959
I just told you! If you want to give them the proper wattage you will need to upgrade the alternator. Period. The channels of the amp make no difference, just how much power you need. And most 2 channel amps are class A/B which means they are far less effiecient than a Class D mono amp anyway. So if you got a two channel amp it would be just setting you back even more, becuase it draws much more current per watt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Thanx issac.
Let me know the best and if possible a less expensive amp and how to hook it up ican. Also want your opinion to make a custom box for type r's for deeper and heavy bass

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
aman chill, make your own thread dude. this isnt a thred to help you with your r's make a new thread. Issac thanks man that is a sick deal, i sent him an email. see how it works out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us