Good spl result with 1 15"

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 228
Well i just sold all my equipment coz i'd like to get a new one. I would like to buy the best stuff with 2000 dollars. That's my budget. I already have a HU with 5 volts RCA out. All i need is an amp and a 15" sub. Would like to reach at least 147 db. I'll do the enclosure with resin etc and car is done with dynamat and brownbread. I have one 3500 crunkin amp battery and gauge 00 wires from the battery to the back of the trunk. Dont think imma use a capacitor. Any advices on amp and sub? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 202
Get this beast, it's kind of expensive and you will probably need more money added for the sub, however, this should provide all the power you need for a sub.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=591

It will give you real 2200W x 1

As far as the sub goes, I really don't know, I am not into SPL at all:-)

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 943
lol Maris, if he gets that amp, that leaves him $200 for a sub! haha, thats hilarious!

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 341
http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-SOLO-X-18-SUBWOOFER-S18X-2-OHM-NEW-2006_W0QQitemZ9730 943018QQcategoryZ18805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

for sheer spl... i think thats an 18.. they have a 15" version

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 178
they have a ten and twelve version too. I wouldn't recomend that even though it would most likely slam, it is 5000w RMS and it probably needs at least that much to be half way decent. By the time you buy amps for it you are paying out your @$$. You could buy more effecint subs with good output around the same price. I also would not buy that from Indo Audio. Horrible company, and horrible service!

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 877
no dude no solo x if u want im gonna start a team for spl and im gonna get sponsor by atomic speakers i can hook you up with one 15 inch atomic apx it will be loud as a re audio mt or louder, it can handle 25k watts at burps and is one of the best spl subs outthere brand new for 360 shipped oh and this sub will really thump with 1500+ rms watts cuz is one of the mos efficient subwoofers available check www.atomicspeakers.com and eamil me at extrmndor3@msn.com for more info theres like 4 dudes on this forum that are gonna buy it

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7988
how about this - go on ebay if there is still that wcc/orion 2500d buy 1 (or 2 !-lol) & go with 1 of those Atomic subs or maybe a DD9515 sub ......

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 881
a dude from this forum i forgot his nick he is gonna strap two orion 2500d with a single atomic apx givin it 5k rms dude that atomic will beat that dd in spl

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1928
okay lilrob that was one of the dumbest comments ive heard you make lol dd would still beat atomic i mean your talking 25k burps against a sub that could prob do 10k burps that not even in the same league if you wanty to do that then the dd 99z or just the 9900 would beat out your atomic and with 5krms i guarantee you the dd 9500 will win go with what rovin said a dd 9500 or a 9900 if you want and a orion 2500d you could then wire it down to a .5 ohm for burps if you really want to and then will be getting 5 krms but by the way do you have a ho alt

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 883
in sq yeah dude but not for spl u never heard one atomic apx ??? if so u know wat im talkin about they are just like the stroker and neo sig, no that set up is for one of this dude on ecoustics he wants meto hook him up with one 15 inch

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 230
thanks for the posts guys i really thank you for the advices. Well i dont have a HO coz in dbdrag Street B class u cannot turn ur car on so i guess i dont need one. I have a Audiobahn Immortal 15" but well, cannot get good results and i made a lot of different boxes for it and tried different tunes. I was thinkin about the DD9915 or the DD9515 but they are a lot expensive and i guess i would need other money to get an amp. I never heard about the Atomix but if u say it is like the DD well it gotta be really good. Never heard about SPL Dynamics amps? What u think? Im in italy so just think i would pay all the american brands a lot at least if i dont buy them in da states and then ship them here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us