Hittin' tha lowz man!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 675
Are their certain subs that are best at producin the lowz like on songs like late nite tip? And makes the lows loud where it sounds awesome outside the car??

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 678
N E 1??

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 699
Ill check later on today hopefully peeps will put down sum opinions.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 197
L7's can do it, even everyone's favorite JL can do it, many subs can do it. It comes down to power as well, you need a massive amp if you want to be loud in below 40hz area.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2259
any sub in a sealed box with the SSF turned off will "hit the lows". you'll also need a lot of power to get below 20Hz from a good quality amp with a frequency responce that will go below 20Hz.

if you want it to sound good outside the car, then i say your looking to get your stuff stolen. just open the doors and windows and remove any sound deadner.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3540
You need a sub with a low Resonant Frequency:-)
it makes it easier for it to hit the lows louder.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7982
box design/install is the most critical factor though .....

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 346
Brandon-Below 20hz?? I thought 20 was the lowest you could hear.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 701
Hey brandon SSF? How much rms is needed for it to sound like that outside the car just with more power? Thanx peeps. Do u think my cvrs would do the trick?? I probably just need to tune a box low right.

Hey since i couldnt post my install pics here cuz i couldnt resize them i posted a small video i took w/my digital cam and put it on realmofexcursion.com hopefully they put it on.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1021
20hz is the lowest you can hear - but the lower you get (even below that) the more you feel it.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 704
How low do you think late nite tip is?? Wut hz.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 706
Wuts up??

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 708
H-E-L-L-O???

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 145
under 20 hz is wat gives u the rumble.. hometheatre systems use around 14-18 hz for the loud thuder sounds in movies n' stuff

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 709
That wasnt my ? fool.jk Jordan jackin my thread & sh!t.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 349
My bad man. LoL. I think bigger subs (15s, 18s) are better at lows. How much space do you have?

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 710
lol i was just kidding man. For now i can only work w/12's, but i was wondering if my cvrs would do the trick and hit low and loud, and if all i need to do is tune my box low.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 733
I c how it is peepz start helpin me, get me all pumped, THEN SHAFT ME!! Fine i c how it is. JK LOL

ANY1?????

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 736
Nobody around??

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2265
Charter Communications sucks and has very unreliable interned services, so i wasn't able to get on any yesterday, sorry TJ.

SSF is a Sub Sonic Filter. basically a high pass filter. its used in applications where a ported box is used and you don't want the sub to play below the port's tuned frequency and over excurt, which will damage the sub.

just by going ported, you are limiting the frequency range. you can't play any frequency lower the what you tune the box to. most common tuneing is 32 Hz...so thats as low as you will get. sealed has no cut off like that, but isn't quite as loud as ported.

20 Hz is the lowest you can hear. anything lower and you just feel it, which is what you want depending on what you are listening to. most music doesn't have anything lower then about 35Hz though, but it depends on what type. rap is actually recorded on a boosted level and doesn't hit much below 40 Hz from what i hear, i don't listen to rap. which is also why it doesn't take much to get rap to sound alright.

CVR's, they are 12's i take it, can get low. i don't know what the specs are on thoes though. its all in the box though.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 310
TJ... quit fuqin posting every 2 seconds when u dont get a reply right away. give people time to read, think, and asnwer ur numerous questions.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 763
Thanx Brandon, its cool man, ya the cvrs have a Resonance frequency i think of 26.1hz. So maybe if i want to go any lower and louder, i have to upgrade on power. Im probably pushin the cvrs close to the limit on how low they play, not sure.

"two4fifteen", if ur not gonna help me, GET THA FU*K OFF MY THREAD!! I wasnt postin every few seconds my closest was 10 min. apart when no one was around.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 765
Hey brandon do u know @ wut hz late nite playz at??

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 766
late night tip

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 668
this forum has gone downhill...

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 768
lol hey baseball when u gonna post a better vid of ur havoc??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us