How to position a ported sub box in a hatchback

Bronze Member
Username: Jinster

Post Number: 83
i'm about to install a dls mw110 in a ported box to my acura rsx. now, this car can become both hatchback or just a coupe depending on wether i fold the rear seats or not. and i plan to have it stay hatchback most of it's life. and i like having subwoofers for the sq benefit, never for the 'boom boom' factor. having said these two seemingly unrelated things, i now draw my question! how should i place the box? driver's or pessanger's side? the sub facing up or front or sideways? and lastly, can i drill my amps onto the box to save space? would that injure the sq a lot? thx.

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 44
driver's or pessanger's side? driver side imo.
the sub facing up or front or sideways? I would face it either up or to the back.
can i drill my amps onto the box to save space? DONT put the amp on the box. Find another spot.
would that injure the sq a lot? not really, but its not good for the amp.

To be honest, its a matter of YOU sitting in your car and trying all the different ways of plaing the box and see what sounds good to YOU.

Bronze Member
Username: Gangstaplayer

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 91
put the cone facing twards the back of the car right in the middle

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1155
Try facing the cone(s) forward with it as far back as possible trying to eliminate space between back of the car and back of the enclosure. Same said if you are facing the cones rear just leave just enough space for the subs, this will help eliminate any type cancelation wave that could be echoing off the back, Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7987
with my experience in my wagon/hatchback it ALWAYS sounds ALOT better with subs facing back 2wards the tailgate .
Sounds ALOT more louder & u get a WAY deeper more pleasant fuller reasonating bass response .

Only drawback is that u get bad trunk rattle if ur subs r powerful & possibly some roof flexing like mine does - im about 2 seriously sound deaden my trunk/hatck area which i would advise others 2 do also ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us