2 RE SX 12's or 1 RE XXX 15

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 30
should i go with the 2 12 sx's or 1 xxx 15 or 2 15 xxx's/// i heard 15's get sloppy.. where the 12's are really accurate??? plz helf

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 343
12s will give you more punchy bass. 15s are more of a rumble. The choice is mainly based on your preference. The 2 15s will be the loudest, assuming you power everything properly.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7171
15's get sloppy?????

No, if its a sh!tty sub then maybe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
well those are the farthest thing from a sh!tty sub... im debating on what to get.. its goin in a f150 supercrew.. so im limited on space... ill thinkg of something

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 345
2 12s or 1 15. I would do 2 12s in a truck, especially with a space limitation.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
aight thanks... itll still be tight with the 12's but ill make it work... if i run one BIG amp how many capacitators will i need i dont really get a new charging system... alternator and batter ect.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7179
"well those are the farthest thing from a sh!tty sub"

^^No duh

the 2 12's would be louder. but u have limited space, and i would never run sx's sealed, they need ported box, but the XXX will sound better, get loud, and u could throw it in a sealed box.

So its a win, win situation

Silver Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 124
caps do nothing. waste of money. much better to upgrade your alt and battery.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
so ill need a new 14.4 volt battery and how big of an alternator will i need

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7189
"caps do nothing. waste of money"

^^^Silly NoobUpload

Read

http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
so caps or no caps

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7199
OMG!!! Did u read what i posted?????????

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3536
Caps are good to have if your charging system is sufficient enough to power your system. Caps don't make power....they store it, and release it.

SOOOOOO.....for a cap to store power, the alt. has to have enough juice to power the cap without sacrificing power for the system.

a Cap gives its power away VERY quickly......it is for short spikes in current draw where a bass note hits and the current from the alt. isn't sufficient for the amplifier's needs to produce the high-powered bass note quickly.....so the voltage drops.....but a cap eliminates that.....by providing that extra little bit of power.

Here comes the Legendary Reason people with caps whose stock charging system isn't sufficient enough to power their audio system should be beaten over the head with their 20 Farad cap:-)
-
-
-
If the alt. doesn't have the capability to properly power the amplifiers with enough current so that they can make their power successfully......then a cap is just going to slow that down even more.:-)
It then becomes yet another strain on the already straining alternator, b/c it will never stay charged, b/c the amp will constantly require more current than it is getting to properly amplify the signal. Thus causing your alt. to fail prematurely even faster.
Not only does it strain your alt.......but it can and will hide signs of a lacking charging system.....like dimming lights.....and voltage drops.

So.....if anyone as any questions about whether or not they need a cap.....ask your self one question......Do i already have a sufficient charging system so that a cap may assist my alternator with short spikes in current for big bass hits?----->Otherwise.....leave the cap at Circuit City.:-)

General rule of thumb

1 Farad for every 1,000 watts RMS.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3550
geez......i try to explain things to make it easy and he doesn't even read it. haha

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
oh i read it... still a lil confused tho... i took the easy route and bought some infintys... still sound great too

Gold Member

Post Number: 3554
oh ok. cool haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us