Why hate sony?

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 199
i just got rid of most of my sony stuff but i was happy with them. and i wasn't alone. every review i've read on online retailers says they love them and they work perfectly. so why does everyone hate sony products?

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 508
y does every one start a pointless sony thread over and over again......ur the 2098354203485763408796340986745827523948698157614398756349857634986 person to start one....

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 871
no no drivingwreckless, he is the 2098354203485763408796340986745827523948698157614398756349857634987 person to start one. Lol you were one off.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 200
"This amp is the hardest hitting amp I have ever had, and the power it provides for that kinda money is outstanding, for this much power with any other brand they would be 300 to 400 dollars."

"THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST AMPS I EVER HAD IT GETS HOT FAST BUT I JUST PUT A SMALL FAN AND I SOLVE THE PROBLEM ITS BUMPING MY 2 12INCH AUDIOBAHN VERY LOUD CANT BEAT THE PRICE"

"Im a pioneer guy, but i looked at these sony subs and the 1200 watt sony amp and they are unbeatable, great price, and they rattle my entire car, can't see out the review mirror at all"

"This is a great sub for a great price! They really give you a good product, these babies can thump really good! I have 4 and i dont think i can get a better deal with any other sub!"

"Ive got 2 of these in my '97 Camaro wired to a 1200W Sony amp....and these things dont play. I had 2 of the older model 12" Xplods before these...and i blew them. These sound 3 times better and pound much harder, and the low response is amazing. For the price, these cant be beat."

these are just some of the many positive reviews of sony products.

all i'm saying is that most of you guys hate sony for no reason. they have probably only heard a 10" 30$ sony sub from walmart underpowered in a sh!tty enclosure and saw that some other people on here hate sony too and they thought they would know what they were talking about if they said they hated sony too.

i know they don't make the best stuff but they are great starter systems and are affordable and reliable in my opinion

i had 2 12" subs, sony 2200gtx amp, sony 5710 head unit and i liked them all.

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 509
alex TF ur right, da*mn its soo hard to keep track

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 245
i agree that they are a decent starter system, but the subs ARE poor build quality and the amps are ridiculously over-rated..... i do like the hu's tho.... i have the 5700 and its pretty good... JMHO

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 133
sony sucks soo bad that they labeled the amp wrong. On the gain, when you turn it clockwise...the volume goes up on the subs. But as you spin the knob to the right, the Volts are also going down. It should be the opposite.

0.3 V should be on the left, and 6V should be on the right........

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1072
The older Sony stuff (mainly subs) were decent. My friend has a 900rms sony amp hooked up to his system and it has been going strong for a while. They aren't the greatest by any means, but they will get you started.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5561
Sony is just below sub standard when it comes to car audio.
Those that say Sony sounds "great" are usually beginners looking for any kind of "booming" noise.
They also have very poor history on customer support as well as product reliability.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 134
ill admit though that the 1200 watt amp bridged to 4 ohms, puts out A LOT of power...its supposed to be around 500rms..IMO it sounds close to that. But if you bridge that amp to any impedence, it overheats wayyyy too fast. Just look at the reviews on circuit city or one of those sites. The amp HAS to be wired series to 2 channels, or it over heats.....meaning the amp can only put out around 250rms............

Gold Member

Post Number: 1073
UHHH, Steven, its supposed to turn up when you turn it to the right. You set the gain to your HU voltage. The lower voltage (to the right) increases how much the amp works to amplify the signal. If you turn it left on the gain toward the higher voltage then that is telling the amp it doesn't have to work is hard because that is what your CD players volt's is.

Kinda confusing , but that is how its supposed to be.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 137
no. its normally the other way around....

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 138
i meant other way around. the opposite of this.....

bcae1.com #63

im not a dumbass.............................!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1074
lower volts are to the right, higher volts are to the left normally. Which way is the Sony?

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 740
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony had their employee's go out and write those reviews themselves.

In the past, Sony actualy created their own movie critic and had him write rave reviews for some pretty big movies. For example, on the cover of the box for Hollow Man, there is a quote that says something like "a hell-bent first rate thrill ride!" and it is a fake person from a fake newspaper, both created by Sony to give their own movie more props. It is absolutely pathetic, underhanded, bad business ethics. I think Sony is a horrible excuse for a company, out to turn a profit at any cost. They always overrate and promise things that never happen with their products. They have the world out there believing that PS3 is far superior to Xbox 360, when in fact the performance of both machines is nearly identical, except that the Xbox is 10 times easier to program for. They invent their own proprietary formats every chance they get, and push them to be the next breakthrough in technology, only to have them fail miserably. (The "memory stick" memory cards, the "UMD" disc for PSP, bluray, and a bunch of other older formats, all of which have failed to become the dominant standard.)

They are just a piece of sh!t overall. Over the past 10 years they have transformed from a solid, reputable company with great products (my Sony stereo lasted me about 8 1/2 years, with thousands of hours of insane volume levels) into a shady organization who wishes to cut costs and misrepresent their products in order to turn the largest profit.

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 741
"Those that say Sony sounds "great" are usually beginners looking for any kind of "booming" noise." - and by booming noise, he means the sound of a plastic bat hitting a tree. Hahahaha.

Oh, and my PS2 lasted about 2 months before "Disc read error" was the only thing it would do.

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 112
I purchased a sony explode head unit when they first came out.I was all glowy red and cool, then it showed it self for what it was a total piece of crud. I have known of h00kers that suck less than sony.

Bronze Member
Username: Cawb

Post Number: 12
i have 2 sony 10inch subs from walmart and i beat out a 12inch mtx to day i dont think sony is that bad but i am upgrading to better stuff

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 34
my friend has 4 song 12's and 2 1200 watt amps and i take him to school with my 2 dB drive 10's with a 500watt rms amp... and my subs are underpowered by 50 a piece...cause its a 4channel but thr bridged... but yeah its not contest

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 296
Your ps2 f-d up? Was it under warranty? I got my ps2 a LONG time ago and it's still going strong, no problems with it at all. I think some Sony products like the ps2 and tv's are ok, but they should just give up on car audio. Booo for Sony and their shit products.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 152
i would hope your 2 10's beat out 1 12"...no matter what brands. Those tens are rated at like 300 each. The 12 was prolly rated around 500, and you also have more surface area.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 385
had 2 sony speakers, 6 1/2" they were rarly used, when i decided to use them, i used them the same way i use my 2 pioneers i have now for a few days with just HU power, the sonys messed right up and sound bad, my PS2 went bad 2 years ago, 1 year after purchase. i had another xbox but it fell off the tv and messed sumthin up,have new xbox and nothing wrong at all. my frined threw his ps2 accoss the room it still worked, he left it on for almost a month, since he broke his momory card and it never failed, but after he moved it stopped working. he had that ps2 for 4 years. still dont like sony

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 66
Don't know if you can say Blu-ray failed since it hasn't really come out yet.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7193
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu_Ray

Silver Member
Username: _jay_

Post Number: 134
sony new subs arnt half bad..i can hear my neighbor coming from 2 blocks away with his pair of sony 12's....

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3534
$500 for the regular PS3?
and $600 for the premium?

....geez.........what the heck is a premium. haha:-)

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 389
http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/vehicles/images/orangeVan1.jpg
my 15 inch clarion does 88. sumthin with 500 watts rms, the ausiobahn 15 only does like 11 more with 800 watts... whats up?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 391
sh!t wrong image... sh!t

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 392
http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/products/woofers/highExcurSpecs.gif
there

Gold Member

Post Number: 3560
lower volts are to the right.....b/c you have to turn up the input sensitivity knob(gain) to a lower input voltage:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Orion_hcca

Post Number: 16
Wonder Twin Powers Activate! Form of Nerd! Muddy the reg ps3 has a 20g HD and the premium has a 60g HD, tis the only difference

Gold Member

Post Number: 3566
ohhh ok. cool

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 744
Sorry I didn't mean blu ray failed but when I just read my post back to myself it definitely came across that way. But; beta, memory stick, and UMD failed. Sony loves to make their own formats for everything.

"Muddy the reg ps3 has a 20g HD and the premium has a 60g HD, tis the only difference"

The premium has a multi-memory reader for memory cards, and the $500 version does not come with a HDMI video port

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 745
Sorry I didn't mean blu ray failed but when I just read my post back to myself it definitely came across that way. But; beta, memory stick, and UMD failed. Sony loves to make their own formats for everything.

"Muddy the reg ps3 has a 20g HD and the premium has a 60g HD"

The premium has a multi-memory reader for memory cards, and the $500 version does not come with a HDMI video port
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us