Type R or Type X??

Bronze Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 74
Now,
Can anyone please tell me which subs should be bought to get louder and very surrounded bass?
Everyone is saying R are very good subs but X are pinnacle bla bla bla....
but no one is actually helping me choose a pair. Let me clearly know which should be bought.

Bronze Member
Username: Dlenz4437

Post Number: 37
In my opinion i would go with type x, i've heard both and i have own type r's and the type x's sq is better by far (it is a sq driver)but in spl i'd say they are both around the same, probably a type x would be a bit louder but not by that far. If your more an spl person defidently go with the type r's to save the money, well that is if your on a budget, but if 450ish isn't nothin to your i'd defidently go with the x's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
David,
you did the same thing. I just want a sub which booms in the car, forget about sq and sp, suggest me a subw hich can just hit hard and produce a louder bass which can be feeled when standing outside of the car.
thanx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
a budget and sizes would help (1 15",2 12"), but right off the top of my head i would choose either 2 kicker solobaric L7's or 2 kicker cvx's off ebay both for about 350-400 i think. bileve me those would rattle the F*** out of you trunk.
or you might want to look into getting 2 jl audio w-0's which would hit hard as hell

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
David, are jl better than alpine? actually i m in india, finding jl will be difficult for me. please help me choosing in between x and r. in my car i can fit two 10 " plz tell me, shoul i buy x or r to boom across the road. i want to play music at normal volumes and not at very high vol. so everyone can hear only deep bass.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
yes jl is better than alpine but only in there higher end subs and in sq. If you really want my opinion go with the type r's if you can i would go with 2 12" but if you have to get 2 10's it would still hit. If you got that i can guarentee you would not be disapointed.
this would be a good amp to push them too(if you got 12's http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-ZEUS-ZXI-1006-1000W-2-CH-AMPLIFIER-ZXI1006-NEW_W0QQ itemZ9729401422QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
you mean i should go for r's, thanx. the amp u suggested, seller is not going to ship it to india. so please suggest me another amp. thanx again

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 663
aman, get two 4ohm dvc r's and this amp:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BXi1606D-CLASS-D-AMP-1600-WATT-NEW_W0QQitemZ9730706 861QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ran at 1ohm in a ported box tuned between 32-35hz and you'll be happy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
will i've to upgrade my car's elec sys to run this amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
will i've to upgrade my car's elec sys to run this amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
mike, seller says no intl shipping

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
just look around for the right amp and make sure that it will put 500-800 watts to each sub. get two dual 4 ohm type r's and look for a mono(1 channel) amp that puts out 1000-1600 watts into one channel, or a two channel amp that puts out 500-800 watts into two channel. Heres what the specs for the amp would look like if you got two dual 4 ohm subs.

Mono-1000-1600 watts x 1 @1 ohm
2 Channel- 500-800 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
yeah and just a friendly tip, dont go buying the cheapest amp you can get because the cheapier the worst, try to look for punch, hifonics, jbl, kenwood, phoenix gold, pioneer, rockford fosgate ect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us