How to run 2 4 ohm dvc subs at 1 ohm

Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 1
I have 2 4 ohm dvc subs and need to hook them up at 1 ohm to a amp that is 1100 rms x 1. Right now i have them each hooked up to seperate amps bridged on them for 500 rms at 4 ohms. would i take them out of the box and change the way they are wired or keep them like that. Also both subs have seperate speaker wire so if the amp is 1100 x 1 do you put both + from the subs into the 1 + on the amp and both - from the subs into the 1 - on the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 925
So you are saying that you have each sub hooked up to a 2 channel amp brigded @ 4-ohms? Sorry but there is no way to hook up a DVC 4-ohm sub for 4 ohms, it's not possible. As for hooking up the 2 subs together to make a 1 ohm load on the mono amp, that is possible. Just do a parrallel/parallel hook up and yeild a final 1 ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 619
www.the12volt.com hit the link woofer wiring so you can figure it out jeje

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2111
Isaac, you can hook 2 dual 4 to a 4ohm bridged,

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 800
i think he says how to hook up 2 dual 4ohm subs to make 1 ohm.....http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2...or if u have two outputs (like my Mb quart Raa-1000) u can just wire each sub up for 2 ohms....and run into each output...

but just twist the wire together...an put it into the amp...

everyday im hustlin
chevy ridin high

some might understand y i wrote that...lol

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 489
Ty,

He's using two amps right now. Only way he could have it at 4 ohms is if he's using two 4-channel amps bridged, which would be a little weird.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us